Stress Coat Vs Prime debate

9 posts

Discuss all topics related to freshwater and planted tanks.

Prime vs Stress Coat

Poll ended at Sat Oct 23, 2010 11:25 am

Prime
100%
Stress Coat
No votes
Shut this has been talked about a million
No votes

Total votes : 3

snostorm

by snostorm

I've moved from Stress Coat as my water conditioner to Prime, Prime claims to help with the slime coat thus reducing stress.

What do you think is better as a conditioner and as a stress reducer or do you just think they are the same product but one is more concentrated? (Prime will treat more water with less chemical)

"PrimeĀ® removes chlorine, chloramine and ammonia. PrimeĀ® also promotes the production and regeneration of the natural slime coat."

"STRESS COAT It forms a synthetic slime coating and replaces the natural secretion of slime. Helps reduce susceptibility to disease and infection. Helps heal torn fins and skin wounds. Reduces electrolyte loss. Also works instantly to remove chlorine, chloramines and ammonia from tap water."

Discuss/ debate :D
ded5c-85C.jpg
2ea3d-seachem_prime-01.jpg

yasherkoach

by yasherkoach

if any chemical is used, I would ONLY use Prime....but no need to for tap water: ammonia o, nitrite 0, nitrate 0

yasherkoach

by yasherkoach

guess I am the only who voted (for Prime)...so far lol

dream2reef

by dream2reef

Optimus prime?

snostorm

by snostorm

cool, so you think prime would be better at reducing stress?

ps yes, optimus prime now transforms in to stress coat

yasherkoach

by yasherkoach

Prime will rid the tank of harmful chemicals (and it is safe to double dose)...as for stress, let me ask you, why are your fish stressful?

snostorm

by snostorm

If fish are transported or netted or something, my own fish aren't stressed but times arise when they can be. Just interested in why some people use certain products

Alasse

by Alasse

i dont use either so cant really say *L*

yasherkoach

by yasherkoach

less chemical use the better...because once you add one chemical in time you will need to add another to offset the other chemical and in time all the chemicals will collide and you wind up with a huge mess on your hands

unless you got into the hobby to experiment on fish via chemistry (which of course you nor I or anyone did, at least not on this forum), then you may use Prime, but outside of this, you are only asking for trouble...let nature handle nature...you want less stress, put fish in with fish that compatible; do not overfeed and do water changes

simple advice (((smiles)))

9 posts