Did you know?

10 posts

Member introductions and random (non-aquarist) topics.

itsanono

Did you know?

by itsanono

Did you know that the admin is reading your private messages? He hasn't shown his face for years but he is taking your private information and profiting on it. Watch what you say and i would leave your last name off this site. Gathering info from an ip address is easy enough. Be careful you all.

dream2reef

by dream2reef

I'm just curious as to how exactly you know that that's happening? Are you being pinged or are you pinging?

itsanono

by itsanono

i was banned for something i said in a private message... this is jdak and if you would like to holla at me anymore i will be at my own forum... cya later

and java, its a no no to read private messages. and if you would really like me gone, you will remove what i have contributed from your site.

http://jdak.net

natalie265
Site Admin

by natalie265

i can't believe you were banned! For something said in a private message??? I've seen people on here say horrible things to each other publicly and there isn't even a moderator to delete inappropriate comments or anything. That's pretty fucking lame. Sorry to see you go. I like your website.

jdak702

by jdak702

I just reregistered my name. Seems that my account was only deleted. I know that Java was after me because we exchanged two messages in the last week. He sent me a message after Aquaman complained on me. Aquaman recommended a Hippo Tang for a nano tank. These fish get to be a foot long and require 100 gallons by any professional and moral standard. Aquaman told me his studies as a marine biologist taught him different and that any info i find on google is obsolete to his knowledge. He also said he has setup hundreds of tanks but wouldn't post more than one pic and it didn't even look like a decent tank. Then he complains on me. Anyway, i told Java that i was the least of the problems that have happened around here from his ghostly moderation. I have never used inappropriate language or really attacked anybody that wasn't harassing anybody else. I wish he would take a look at his own site. I told him this and he replies... Ok, thanks. And that is it. My account stood for another week. I sent two or three private messages inviting people who i frequently conversed with to my site, then my account disappeared. I couldn't log in and my name and password are saved on my computer so that wasn't wrong. I looked up my password by name and email and neither showed any type of account. My email address was no longer listed. My username was no longer listed.

I invite anybody who wants to check out my site even know it just started. I will admit that i have no FW experience but i have made a thread for it. Not asking anybody to leave here but just to look elsewhere too. ok, cya...

yasherkoach

by yasherkoach

it's not Java, his name is Javier and he is a pretty decent guy...sure the private message was not copied and pasted to Javier? why would he pick on you, sounds a bit too paranoid in my book

I once got a little abrasive with a member on this site, about a year ago, I felt the tank was too small and it was torture for the fish, so the member ratted me out to the admin of this site, Javier said if I continued to be abrasive or too straight forward, I would lose my account...at least he gave me a warning

reason I am unsure why Javier would delete or suspend your account without warning...but hey, he was cool with me, so there may have been a whole other reason in your case, go figure

jdak

by jdak

i told it exactly how it happened.

dream2reef

by dream2reef

Wow I don't like aquaman anyways. I may follow you jdak you've got some info I'm not ready for yet lol.

stingraysrule

by stingraysrule

I find this whole thing to be totally lame.
People are "telling" on people?
I don't think that there are any administrators checking
the board or they would see that jdak is pretty much one of the only
members keeping the SW forum alive.
How ridiculous. There are only a few regular people
on the forum as it is, now there is one less....... and now two.
Bye Bye.

dream2reef

by dream2reef

Well, not that anyone cares, I'm not going anywhere. soooo oh well.

Did you know?

10 posts