can i give my fish this?

8 posts

Discuss all topics related to freshwater and planted tanks.

lilcrum98

can i give my fish this?

by lilcrum98

can i give my fish peas i have guppys and small fish like that can they eat those i dont want to give it to them and them die

yasherkoach

by yasherkoach

I promise you, a pea out of its shell can be given to any fish that are omnivore (meat and vegetable)

lilcrum98

by lilcrum98

thx can i smoosh up peas and give them to my guppys and mollies and guramies and pink kissing fish lol can they eat them

yasherkoach

by yasherkoach

really no reason to smoosh the peas...just pop out the pulp inside the pea shell and plop it into the tank...even the guppies will have no problem nibbling away at the pea pulp

word of warning: unless you have huge fish in your tank, it is best not to place the whole pea or the shell into the tank, fish will not eat this and will in time accumulate to the point to wreck havoc with ammonia levels

lilcrum98

by lilcrum98

nope those are the only fish i have in my tank are peas good for them because i just want to give it to them as a treat i have regulare fish food wich wood be best

yasherkoach

by yasherkoach

peas are good as a treat, preventive care (to prevent swimm bladder disease), it is nutritious...so yes, a treat has much value

Alasse

by Alasse

They can also aid in constipation in fish. Many Betta owner use them for this reason as Betta can be prone to constipation

LOL shame my fish wont touch em

yasherkoach

by yasherkoach

very true Alasse, helps constipation...just a very good tasty nutritious food that helps fish in all areas

can i give my fish this?

8 posts