Like I need another project

7 posts

Discuss all topics related to saltwater / reef tanks.

snowboss

by snowboss

I found a small 1 gallon hex tank {spoke to peterKarig and Gumbii, i think, about a fesh set up} and after widdling it down to either guppies or a betta, which are beautiful fish I think I'm going to stay with salt.....I believe this would be called a "pico" tank? I'm about to do some ebay searchin for a nano filter and a nano MH light fixture for it - - to start can I just scoop a couple cups of my sand substrate from my cycled 20 gallon { I have plenty of sand in there -40lbs} and maybe even pull a gallon of water as well and just run an air stone until the filter arrives - -I'm thinking about a couple small chunks of live rock, maybe a snail and one small damsel and a couple soft corals - -might not even put a damsel in there at all - although small it would be a good emergancy back up tank in case I need to remove a fish from the display, I'd rather med 1 gallon or destroy 1 gallon with a sick fish than treat or lose the healthy occupants of the main display tank - Opinions???

saltwaterpimp

by saltwaterpimp

your wife is going to kill you...lmao..she got you started so it's safe to say it's her fault..mh lighting wont be needed for a 1 gallon tank. a 5 watt bulb will be pleanty of light.i think a small piece of live rock and a air stone would be good.. unless you want a filter.no fish...you could try a small kenya tree coral or some shrooms..i will try to get a hold of my buddy for some frags for you.also when you come here you can check out joes rock its full of plants sponges and little critters. it would be cool to watch the stuff grow ..

Snowboss4492

by Snowboss4492

nice!!! can't wait man.......I am leaning towards no fish anyway.....just a small coral display

Snowboss4492

by Snowboss4492

well that went right out the window - - lol my daughter saw the 1 gallon hex tank and immediatley asked for a Betta tank in her bedroom - - - if baby girl aint happy momma aint happy and if momma aint happy ...... NO BODY is happy...LOL so a betta tank it as.......................Boss

angus4481

by angus4481

thats a good idea, keep the fam happy.lol if ur lookin for a nice small coral tank, get the picotope. they are pretty cheap for what you get, and they look pretty nice. check out the link

http://www.petsolutions.com/Picotope+I92421282+C11.aspx

Snowboss4492

by Snowboss4492

thats a cool little tank - - might have to look into that , thanks for the tip

frmnutn2sumtn

by frmnutn2sumtn

that looks like a really cool tank to do sea horses in

7 posts