Is this an acceptable stocking mix?

3 posts

Discuss all topics related to saltwater / reef tanks.

Mazil

by Mazil

Hi there,

Currently I am in the process of purchasing equipment for a reef thank that I would like to set up. The tank's dimensions are 120cm x 45 x 45. There will be a sump tank also that will be 75cm x 35 x 35. Obviously I will also have a high quality skimmer along with ~35kg of live rock and some sort of deep sand bed in the sump.

What I have been wondering is if this stocking list would run me any problems in terms of compatibility / too much bio load?

2x Ocellaris Clowns
2x Banggai Cardinals
1x Majestic or Regal Angelfish (well aware that these are a difficult species but have seen enough examples of successful setups to want to try it myself)
1x Coral Beauty (if this can't be kept with the larger angel, then that is fine)
1x Copperband Butterfly (again, aware of the difficulty in keeping this species but http://www.reefcentral.com/forums/showt ... ?t=1492696 shows countless examples of success stories thus I am willing to give it a go)

Again, what are the problems with the setup, and is this at full capacity?

Thanks in advance!
Michael

jdak702

by jdak702

As long as you quarantine. One major reason Copperbands are difficult is due to ich. You can pretty much count on it coming with ich. Same with angels. Look into hyposalinity quarantine methods. I would try the large angel last as they do get aggressive and can cause destruction to a reef. Also, if you are looking for a reef with coral, angels eat coral quite often so take that into consideration... good luck

www.jdak.net

Mazil

by Mazil

Thankyou for your help, I'll have a look at hypo salinity quarantine :)

3 posts