Oranda Goldfish Lost Eye

9 posts

Member introductions and random (non-aquarist) topics.

jdak702

by jdak702

Sorry to hear:( I have no advice really. I'm sure he will live a long life without it. You just have goldfish? Nothing else in there to pick on him?

tekneb

by tekneb

That happened to a black moor I owned many maaaany years ago. Couldn't figure out for the life of me how it happened, but he lived another year and a half after that. I hope everything turns out okay.

stingraysrule

by stingraysrule

That sucks!
Don't give up on him. He will just be a bit handicapped.
See how it goes, and hopefully he will be ok.
Is there other fish in your tank besides goldfish? I heard goldfish should only be with goldfish.
An aggressive fish will go after the eyes on other fish so that could be what happened. If you do not think that is possible, than maybe a rock or something in the tank?
Anyway, that eye should start to develop scar tissue....... do not mistake it for fungus... and start to heal on its own.

dream2reef

by dream2reef

I'm so sad to hear that :( I know how much you love your fish. I'm sure, as everyone said, that he'll be fine. He'll adjust like everyone that loses an eye. Just watch for pointy objects lol.

dream2reef

by dream2reef

wow I just found a neon of mine that has one eye. I thought he died after I lost 2 but then found him again a few weeks later still alive lol. Better maybe get rid of someone jus sayin. good luck with that lol

dream2reef

by dream2reef

No can't say I've ever wanted to eat any fish eyes?

dream2reef

by dream2reef

I know what you meant duuuh. But that sounds like a deal there I'd do it too.

dream2reef

by dream2reef

I knew you knew that I knew...ya know? sorry I'll stop now.

dream2reef

by dream2reef

My tanks are doing great thanks for asking. The 125 has a dozen cichlids my guppy breeder has several baby's some ready for sale almost. My 55 community is looking the best it ever has! Hows one eye willy? lol

Oranda Goldfish Lost Eye

9 posts