Yasher

18 posts • Page 2 of 2

Member introductions and random (non-aquarist) topics.

stingraysrule

by stingraysrule

I don't like the plantedtank.net. The people there are kind of mean.

nicholas542

by nicholas542

I've been on plantedtank.net for like 2 weeks now, and found lots of good info inthe threads. No one really answers my posts though mainly just Hoppy. I canceled my profile on their site, and jumped on fishlore. You where right once again stingray.

EazyE

by EazyE

I'll go ahead and send another shout out to MonsterAquariaNetwork. http://www.aquariacentral.com/forums/index.php... some of the most knowledgeable people on the web.
Last edited by EazyE on Sun Sep 12, 2010 11:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

dream2reef

by dream2reef

lol that link doesn't work

yasherkoach

by yasherkoach

well Alasse I appreciate your not kicking me into the pond lol and you know something, I never test the water either (beings the tank is established), I do take the temperature each day down into the log book (I've kept a log book since I owned the tank, every day, I notate stuff); and you are right again, the only time I will test for ammonia, nitrite, nitrate, ph, phosphate, iron and oxygen (I have water test kits for all these parameters - as should everyone) is when something happens like the fish are hanging at the surface more than usual, a fish dies, the plants begin to yellow too much, fish act irritated and/or fish are listless/ But I also believe, and I don't want to sound arrogant or anything like that, but as people become more acquainted with this hobby and/or the tank(s) are established, it's just those people who realize that less is best or leave well enough alone. Our insecurities about this hobby are lessened by experience.

dream2reef, thanks for the pat on the back - I may go from time to time to fishlore to vent or for it's more suited to the way I critique constructively, but I always find myself back here at ratemyfishtank, the virtual fish tank away from home, so to speak (((that sounded stupid lol)))

so anyway, always good to read everyone's comments in all the sections on this site, always interesting to see hobbyists share, learn and advance...be here for a long time as I know most of you will be too

dream2reef

by dream2reef

Oh you mean like observe your tank and step into your scientist clothes and grab your beakers and bunson burners. At least thats what I do. but yea random water test are pointless. And I have to stick around here. I'll be in saltwater soon so I'll have to steal all kinds of info. I visited chicago at 13 and went to nike town. They had fish tanks behind the shoe shelves. I like the guy on monster fish keepers that had a 60,000 gal aquarium added to his house and watch big ass fish! I would swim with mine.

Alasse

by Alasse

I'm wanting to go salty too one day......all i want is some corals and a lionfish. One day when i am fully settled, moving FW tanks is bad enough let alone a salty!

dream2reef

by dream2reef

Yep. I'd like to frag coral to a grow tank. One of those big open square ones.

Yasher

18 posts • Page 2 of 2