Red moving spots

7 posts

Discuss all topics related to saltwater / reef tanks.

noack214

Red moving spots

by noack214

I was looking at my xenia and i noticed it had red spots all over and then i realized they were moving. So i wanted to see if i could take one off and i did using the turkey baster and it is a completely flat round spot that resembles maybe a possible nudibranch type thing. Its real real small. My xenia right now is not even opening up but all my water tests say things are good. anyone know what this may be??

saltwaterpimp

by saltwaterpimp

i had some of those i think..take a flash light at night time when all the lights are off..put it on the side pane of glass.look in thefront . tell us what u see..they may be flatworms idk.google flatworms and let us know if thats it.

noack214

by noack214

well i googled it and it is definatly flat worms. any suggestions on removal would be great.

saltwaterpimp

by saltwaterpimp

you can try to syphon out the ones you see. they also make a med you can use.i dont know the name of it. i think its flat worm exit. use under the recomended dose. and a 15 to 20% water change. can be harmfull to fish...thats why every one needs to quarintine before adding any thing to the main display.also i think there is a wrass that will eat them but idk..good luck and let us know how you make out.
swp

dick_headers

by dick_headers

My 6 line wrasse ( the 2 eyed:-) does eat flatworms, i seen him doin it on my LR at night.

saltwaterpimp

by saltwaterpimp

also do a search on dogs heart worm meds and reef tanks..idk if it was for flatworms or related with just acropora...check it out ..

Deltasigpony3648

by Deltasigpony3648

i have the same things i just take out what they are on and then pick them off with really small flat tweezers till they are all gone

Red moving spots

7 posts