Yasher

18 posts • Page 1 of 2

Member introductions and random (non-aquarist) topics.

dream2reef

Yasher

by dream2reef

I think you may like to try fishlore. I'm constantly referred by google there for lots of info I'm looking for. Idk I thought about joining myself

yasherkoach

by yasherkoach

yes I do read information on fishlore, very informative site...I will check it out, thanks for the nudge (((smiles)))

yasherkoach

by yasherkoach

well I took your advice dream2reef and joined up at fishlore (username: yasherkoach)

of course I will continue to use this site regularly for I like the way it is run by the owner...but I will also post a "few" words on the fishlore site

thanks for the heads up pal

stingraysrule

by stingraysrule

You know you stick around cause of me. ;)

nicholas542

by nicholas542

fishlore huh haven't heard of that site. I joined plantedtank.net, and it seems to be a fairly informative site i'll have to check out fishlore. I am new to planted tanks to i need all the info i can get. You and Yasher have been a good help so far though thanks guys :)

Alasse

by Alasse

C'ya there Yasher *L* I've been a member of FishLore for a while now. And also PlantedTank....

I'm on a fair few fish related forums

yasherkoach

by yasherkoach

I know you guys rather kick me into the sea lol but I will remain on this site for I've been here for over two years and I just like to help out (I know I know, I do use too many words to describe...but could it be I am a writer by trade (((huge smile)))...anyway, I will be here more than there, but dream2reef simply gave me another outlet to "vent"

but if you truly get uneasy with me folks, you can blame stingraysrule, this member keeps kicking me in the rear over to this side of the pond

Funny thinga bout Alasse, in the last few threads, I've actually started to agree with her lol am I beginning to realize how intelligent this person is? (((just kidding))) lol (((how arrogant of me))) lol

anyway, I like this site...I'll share something with you guys...about a year ago, there was about a week there that I just thoroughly had a break through, and started to truly understand this hobby (natural ecosystem and how it all fits together and whatnot), so when I came onto this site, I would overly critique members on this site that I actually had a member cry and reported me to the owner of this site. The owner threatened to ban me from this site. But because it was one week out of the year I was on this site, he (Javier) permitted me to stay as long as I am cool while I critique other people. Javier realized I was right in my critiques, but the way I would describe the comments I made, it was very harsh. So anyway, after that one week, and since then (been over a year since the incident happened), I do still critique, but you guys are definitely spared of the harsh criticism I had used that one week (((smiles)))

so I guess what I am saying is, this site has a "special" meaning to me, so I will stick around and at times, visit and comment at fishlore

WHEW!

Alasse

by Alasse

*LOL* Good to hear you're not going anywhere...you're not so bad *L*

Hearing 2 sides to a 'story' is generally a very good thing. Makes the OP feel the need to do a bit of reseach for themselves, which is definately a good thing in my eyes.

I may not do everything the way many do, but there are some basics that i do stick by.

I'll be honest...I do not own a test kit, nor do i frequently get my water tested, the last time i did was 2yrs ago (i moved to this house). If i was having problems it would be one of the 1st things i would check. My theory is less is best and dont muck with stuff that aint broken *LOL* I do water changes but defiantely not weekly (except the fry tank, cause i overfeed and it needs it more often), my water changes would be monthly or sometimes longer. My filters only get touched when the flow slows to a noticable point. Many forums i get hauled for the above, but hey it works for me. I've seen some messing with the tanks parameters, add this fix that constantly, and they end up with fish dying, tank unstable, disease etc. Leave the darn thing alone!!

Anyway, again while i'm sure we'll have our differences of opinion *L*, i certainly dont want to kick you into the sea *LOL*

dream2reef

by dream2reef

Hahaa I didn't think you'd be going anywhere that's for sure. Just thought it was a site that was geared more towards your stature that's all. I didn't want you to leave by no means don't feel that way. I just knew you needed other venues kinda like one male to 3 females rule idk. I'm glad to have a test kit cuz I save a ton of water. If I notice a fish being odd I just do a 10-20 percent regardless it never hurts. I add no chemicals other then, of course, stresscoat lol. I just know that I'm soooo glad I found this site months ago! And I won't be going anywhere as well. So ha Alasse! In yo fahce!

Alasse

by Alasse

What did i do to you? I never wanted anyone to go anywhere *L*

Yasher

18 posts • Page 1 of 2