Pimp I need you.. no not that way:-)

4 posts

Discuss all topics related to saltwater / reef tanks.

dick_headers

by dick_headers

Big SWP,
How about to help to your pal, how to propagate corals correctly? My colt coral grows fat man, it almost doulbled in 1 month!!. I'd love to know.I think I'm asking the right person.Is that correct Mr. Calfo?:-)

saltwaterpimp

by saltwaterpimp

lol they are a pain in the ass!!! there is a few ways to do this
1..you can put a zip tie around the part you want. when the coral expands it will slowly cutting in to the coral..like a weeks time..and right before the ziptie cuts all the way..slice below the zip tie and hope the colt is attached.
2.you can take a sharp razor and slice..1 clean cut{this is the fastest way}....
3..trying to get the sob to attach..if you look in my profile at my pink colt i put it between two rocks and rubberbanded them together.i think thats the best way.or you could slice a small hole in the base of your frag and zip tie to a rock,or a small pvc tube gentley the coral will expand and tear its tissue it will be floating in your tank if you over tighten.{i will try to find pics for you}..the most important thing..take it out of the water and propagate in your water change water. then put back in tank.keep a eye on it after you are done it will slime up good. just turkey bast it.make sure nothing settels on the frag or mother colony.or any other corals.place in a low current low light condition until it attaches. it will take any where from 1 to 3 weeks...hope this helps any more ? you know where to find me...lol

saltwaterpimp

by saltwaterpimp

also make sure frag is at least 3 or 4 inches.

dick_headers

by dick_headers

lol..I'll find ya' don't worry about that. Thanx for the infos big Pimp, the ziptie method sounds kinda' "netural", I'll probably try that. i get back with you soon on private about this project .Private...You know what I mean..<<<LOL>>> Thanx mate!

4 posts