Your dream fish?

14 posts • Page 1 of 2

Discuss all topics related to freshwater and planted tanks.

snostorm

Your dream fish?

by snostorm

I went to the zoo the other day and they had a Labeo cyclorhynchus - Harlequin or Variegated Shark. I think they are just the cutest fish with an awesome looking mouth. It was also surprisingly friendly towards me, I'm assuming living in a zoo little kids would bash on the tank all day but this little guy was more than happy to follow my finger and not hide. It's tank mates where Congo Tetras, I really like their tails.

So, what's your dream freshwater fish?
d5a45-Lcyclorhynchus1sm.jpg
b8289-CongoTetra1.JPG

yasherkoach

by yasherkoach

Redtail Cat (phractocephalus hemioliopterus - man I hope I spelled that right lol) can grow very large in an aquarium setting and should be given plenty of room to swim. Besides the minimum tank size of 300 gallons, rocks, plants, and large driftwood should be used to enhance and simulate a natural environment.

This cat gets to be about 5 feet long!

The chances of ever owning one of these guys is a dream that probably never will come true. But as for the tank size, 300 gallons...there's a guy on this site that has a tank size of 320 gallons LONG and it is so awesome, that possibly someday I will work myself up to that size...course it must be custom made and picked up by truck, but once set up, what an awesome tank.

So between the tank and the fish...boy am I in a world of wonder.

Below are a couple pcitures of the fish:
5fbb0-red-tailed-catfish.jpg
a0bbc-dsc_1671-640x419-400x261.jpg

snostorm

by snostorm

300 gal! We need to try and breed mini versions of these awesome fish lol.

Alasse

by Alasse

Volitan Lionfish! I will get one one day. Holding off for the minute as i may be moving again and i dont want to have to sell it. Once i've got it, it will stay!!
6e8b7-volitan.jpg

snostorm

by snostorm

Ooo! Are the spikes poisonous or anything?

esparzar1

by esparzar1

Well my dream fish I'm actually hoping to get within a month or so. A Hongi SRT, this picture is the Dominate male from the person that I'm gonna get mine from. Of course, if I had a bigger tank I would probably want something else. But until that happens, this is the only fish I really want.
0bded-untitled.jpg

Alasse

by Alasse

snostorm ~ the lionfish is deadly.....but beautiful *L* Gotta be very careful if you put your hands in the tank!

carbondog

by carbondog

Anableps Anableps (Four Eyed Fish)
I have no idea why, but I find them so adorable. lol
7badc-anableps.jpg
0bde4-Anableps_anableps3.jpg

natalie265
Site Admin

by natalie265

I agree that congo tetra are lovely. I'd like to have a nice school of them. I'd also love to have discus, german rams, a gigantic school of silver dollars, and some day i really want to have a figure 8 puffer (obviously not all in the same tank). That four eyed fish IS adorable!

tekneb

by tekneb

I want a Loggerhead Sea Turtle!!!
Ok ok, I know that isn't a fish but they are so freaking awesome. When I worked at the New York Aquarium I was always stationed outside their tank and they are so smart and graceful and playful and adorable that I fell in love.

Unfortunately, it is unlikely that I will ever have the space or economic resources to own the 50,000 gallon tank they would require, so I guess I'll have to settle for my 2nd choice, Tomato Clown Fish! I saw them when I was snorkeling on the Great Barrier Reef and it was like a scene out of a discovery channel show, lol.
ffff4-Loggerhead_Sea_Turtle.jpg
b0add-loggerhead_turtle_in_sea.jpg
00a25-Tomato Clown fish.jpg

Your dream fish?

14 posts • Page 1 of 2