The beach.

16 posts • Page 1 of 2

Discuss all topics related to freshwater and planted tanks.

dream2reef

The beach.

by dream2reef

Be as honest and and harsh as you want lol I can take it.
734ec-co2 004.jpg

Alasse

by Alasse

Loving the rocks, no so much the little red dude *LOL*

natalie265
Site Admin

by natalie265

I love the way you have the rocks set up. I have to agree with Alasse about the little figurines :). Also, not too keen on the bamboo, or whatever that is sticking up in the middle. If it is bamboo it will be dead soon anyways. Aside from those two criticisms, i think it's really beautiful.

dream2reef

by dream2reef

Oddly enough the bamboo has lived in 3 different tanks for over 3 months idk. The buddah is the only figurine in there and it's just a joke I knew I was over-stepping the line there lol. Thanks though. The beach is a third of my tank. I just wanted something different so I went with 2 substrates. I don't like the color of the rock substrate the tank came with It's kinda blah to me.

dream2reef

by dream2reef

But buddah makes the fish so happy. And the algae eater kisses him sometimes.

yasherkoach

by yasherkoach

just stay away from the pin wheels or any other plastic thingy (they are for kids who have 10 gallon tanks at age 4) (((smiles)))

caves/ledges look very nice...I agree with the live plants comment, if you want to maintain a live plant tank you should do so by putting more plants in it - if bamboo works, go for more...sand look is kinda cool (not something I'd do), but if it floats your boat (or fish), go for it

key: maintain as close as possible to an all natural ecosystem...outside of the Mr Buddah, not bad of a job

tekneb

by tekneb

Dream, I remember in a post awhile back you mentioned you had an onion plant. It wouldn't happen to be that ginormous plant behind your bamboo would it? Cuz if it is I'm very excited to see how my onions turn out. Sweet set up btw, always a fan of sand.

natalie265
Site Admin

by natalie265

LOL, i thought that blue thing in the corner was another plastic figurine....is it a fish?

dream2reef

by dream2reef

Yep it's an onion plant from petco lol. It was a bulb set. I only bought it cuz it was already sprouting lol. Then it went crazy in the sand. And it's just mortar sand I had leftover from a job I did lol.

And yes natalie it's a 8" JD

stingraysrule

by stingraysrule

omg, yasher is going to kick your ass for rescaping yet again.
I have sand in all of my tanks and it is a PIA.
I think it will look better when it gets a little dirty.
And prepared to keep adding more in because no matter how hard you try, when you clean the tank you
are going to siphon some out = every time.
The tank needs more plants. Get rid of the bamboo and the toys and add more plants.

The beach.

16 posts • Page 1 of 2