CO2 Stage 2!

5 posts

Discuss all topics related to freshwater and planted tanks.

dream2reef

CO2 Stage 2!

by dream2reef

Added a powerhead rated at 110 GPH as some of my fish don't like too much current. I went with a happy medium. Also added a prefilter sponge and a 45 pvc elbow to suck up and disperse the bubbles off the bubble counter. We'll see what happens.

Second pic is where I've put the majority of my plants to keep them close the the CO2. Obviously. I hate the substrate right now but I'll wait for that for awhile.
8cb3e-co2 001.jpg
d19df-co2 005.jpg

Alasse

by Alasse

Elodea is a weed at the best of times, will be interested to see how it goes with CO2

stingraysrule

by stingraysrule

I would be interested to know what method you are using to inject CO2.
Are you using pressurized?
Are you using DIY, and if you are, exactly what?

dream2reef

by dream2reef

diy gimmick nutrafin I used my own mix of sugar water and baking soda and yeast of course. I used a fast rising yeast and I had bubbles in 20 mins. I've read several different mixtures but I figured I'll just try them all for myself as well.

yasherkoach

by yasherkoach

no offense guys but, I find people on this forum or in this hobby in general, equip and re-equip their tanks so many times in a month that I wonder what in the heck was the reason to get into this hobby

I got into the hobby because I like fish, invertebrates and live plants. After 3 rearrangements, over a period of 1 year, I settled in on the all natural rock, live plant and wood decorum. Never changed it since.

Even when I had an ich breakout, I never used hospital tanks or chemicals...I just upped the main tank temperature to 86-89 degrees for ten days, created more of water agitation so there'd be more oxygen in the water column, and after the ten days, the ich cycle perished...temp back down to normal (78) and water agitation (I lowered the water level about 3 inches thereby creating a water cascade or plentiful bubbles) was brought back up to the normal level of about 1/2 inch from the top of the rim of the aquarium)

Point is, when do any of you guys, who arrange and arrange with your tanks ever have time to actually watch your fish for hours and/or permit your fish breathing room, so to speak, so they may enjoy their habitat without the human hand interferring.

Like I said, no offense, do not mean to demean the multiple arrangements, but when is enough enough?

(((just a thought)))

CO2 Stage 2!

5 posts