Lizards

8 posts

Member introductions and random (non-aquarist) topics.

Alasse

Lizards

by Alasse

These are passerbys at my place, they are not captive and not people friendly *L* But they are gorgeous

1st 2 pics are of a Blue Tongue Lizard

2nd pics are of a Bearded Dragon
7b108-BlueTongue 25th March 2010 b.jpg
51281-BlueTongue 25th March 2010 c.jpg
063e0-Bearded 15th Dec 09.jpg
7827a-Lizard 10th Jan 08 e.JPG
33348-Lizard 10th Jan 08 m.JPG

tekneb

by tekneb

When I visited Australia we had a Blue Tongue plop down on the armrest of our couch one day while me and my roommates were hanging out outside. He was cool, although I've heard they're usually assholes lol.

yasherkoach

by yasherkoach

better there than here (((smiles)))

tekneb

by tekneb

Actually yasher, I forgot to mention that I brought a pregnant female back to America with me and she escaped. So uhhh, yea...expect to see them soon...

Alasse

by Alasse

They make excellent pets, very docile lizard. They only get cranky when annoyed, like in the pics, he didnt like being picked up for me to take pics, fair enough too *L*

Same with the bearded, he let me get extremely close, as long as you dont touch alls good

yasherkoach

by yasherkoach

I don't know, I always shied away from lizards and snakes, too creepy crawly for me...though I have had salamanders (because these guys are really small)...years ago, at camp, there was a black racer snake loose in the cabin, and until it was caught, I stayed in a tent (((smiles)))...not that the tent was any safer, but at least for two nights, I had complete control of what entered (((another smile)))

but I know it's just me, I just have this thing about snakes/lizards...probably more to do with snakes and lizards' head looking too much like a snake - oh well, enough of my phobias (((SMILES)))

eek

snostorm

by snostorm

Daww, I love out natives! I'd like to get a Geko, not sure how it'd like the cold Victorian winters tho!

Alasse

by Alasse

We have gecko's here, shy little beggers though. They make a funny clicking type sound. There is a yellow coloured one living near my front door somewhere, only comes out in the summer though, never see or hear it other than then

Lizards

8 posts