New tank

6 posts

Discuss all topics related to freshwater and planted tanks.

Alasse

New tank

by Alasse

I've started to set up a small tank. It is an octagonal tank. I wanted a bit of a challenge to scape. It will eventually house, hopefully, cherry shrimp. If i cant find any of those, it will house some small tetras.

Currently it is not heated or filtered, it will eventually, but at present will be concentrating on getting the plants established.

It isnt planted as yet, just some hardscape in...so far!
3a8c3-008.JPG

Alasse

by Alasse

The tank now has some Java fern in it, and 2 apple snails, Gary and Tas. Once i've added some more java fern i'll put up a new pic.

yasherkoach

by yasherkoach

in a tank like that, maybe all live plants, snails and frogs would look pretty cool (((Just a thought)))

Alasse

by Alasse

Too small for frogs, and i have no way of getting aquatic frogs...its only 30litres

I'm looking to stock it with shrimp, it will be live plants though, the apple snails will eventually move to a 28litre tank or i might leave the snails in here and do the 28litre for the shrimp...not set on stock yet

yasherkoach

by yasherkoach

shrimp is a second favorite after the frogs...I was going to say shrimp too but the frogs will eat the shrimp

so shrimp, live plants and snails...cool - shrimp are really cool creatures, I used to have them, very cool creatures - and the snails will help you clean the tank as well as the shrimp (always looking for leftover food)

Alasse

by Alasse

The apple snails will end up with their own tank or i may even put them in the 4ft breeding tank, they should be very happy in there *L*

Yeah i have riffle shrimp now, had them for a few years. But they're a bit big for this tank so i think i'll go cherry shrimp, the red colouration should look good against the green of the plants

New tank

6 posts