Ionizers?

9 posts

Member introductions and random (non-aquarist) topics.

dream2reef

Ionizers?

by dream2reef

Does anyone have annnny experience with ionizers? I've asked several times in different threads and get nothing. So I thought I'd make a new thread. I've seen them on sale for 70 up to around 200????

dream2reef

by dream2reef

Wow so I guess there's noone that even knows what I'm talking about oh well I'll just have to experiment again.

dream2reef

by dream2reef

oh ok sweet thanks for all the info! I couldn't or wouldn't it w/o out ya!

AquamanCA

by AquamanCA

Are you referring to an Aqualizer? Based solely on my knowledge of the principles of an ionizer I would say don't waste your time or money. They are a gimmick. If you are thinking about this as a tool to help improve and stabilize your water: increase oxygen levels, decrease dissolved organics and remove pathogens I would suggest an ozonizer. Its a tried and true method.

pipdesign5529

by pipdesign5529

does it ionize water?

dream2reef

by dream2reef

yes ionizes the water as well as raises the alkalinity. It's even better for ppl to drink it then other waters. Not sure why noone knows about this. Could improve quality of life idk gotta do more in depth research. life for fish and us lol just wondering if anyone has had any experience with them. So you have aquaman or no?

AquamanCA

by AquamanCA

Dream, you cannot ionize water. It is physically and scientifically impossible to ionize something that is neither acidic nor alkaline. Chemistry 101 tells us this.

If we could actually ionize water then the science world would be yelling about this new found discovery and someone would be walking away with a Nobel Prize.

These "water ionizers" are scams plain and simple.

Here are a couple of articles to check out:

http://www.chem1.com/CQ/ionbunk.html
http://www.realwaterhealth.com/2008/09/ ... ts-a-scam/
http://good-water.biz/water_ionizer_scam.html

dream2reef

by dream2reef

Still debating gathering info for a hypothesis. I feel you're right but I still have doubts. The process is similar to that of the plating process. The process uses DI water because of it's conductivity but then you'd have to DI it the Ionize it way more work then I want to do for some fish lol. But thinking algebraically if you can't ionize water you can't de-ionize it. I have more studying to do. And all water, in any case I've tested, is either acidic or basic. I've not once ever came across any water at 7 or neutral as you said was impossible to do one or the other. It all sounds wonderful but the science behind it all is harder to find. So an optimist to a pessimist.

dream2reef

by dream2reef

Btw I just went through your links and the second one was actually for ionization I read every word of all the links. I love science!

Ionizers?

9 posts