What does this behaviour mean?

3 posts

Discuss all topics related to freshwater and planted tanks.

Leetamus

by Leetamus

hey guys
I have a male synspillum and a hyrbrid which i have been told is a synspilum cross a black belt. about 2 weeks ago they bonded and had a batch of eggs.
over the weekend the eggs disappeared (possibly eaten by my pleco) which was ok by me.
but now the eggs are gone the male is attacking the female at any chance. she has a few places to get out of his way but is starting to look a bit battered. her fins are slightly ripped and has silver bite/attack marks on her body.

here is a link of a video of this behaviour. please copy and paste into a new browser and tell me what you think.

here is the link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ExFvAodyP-o

yasherkoach

by yasherkoach

it's called: mating

get a few more females and keep only that one male, things will change for the better

Leetamus

by Leetamus

thanks for your help!

just wondering if you watched the video right through? the first half of it the male isnt as agressive as in the second half.

if you have that is awesome news, ive been very worried she was going to get beaten to death!!!
if not could you please watch the video to the end and let me know what u think?

sorry im being padantic but i love my little guys and just want to work out whats goin on!!
hopefully it is as simple as added more females!!

thanks again!!

3 posts