My newest thing...

6 posts

Discuss all topics related to freshwater and planted tanks.

Alasse

My newest thing...

by Alasse

...not a tank....YET *L*

I'm going on a wood hunt in about 3-4 weeks time. I'm on the lookout for something large enough to hold a good deal of water to presoak any i find. This lot will be sold off once the tannins have settled. I have had a lot of people on another forum i am on take a liking to the wood i use in my tanks. So i figured i could make a few coins to buy some more fish related stuff for myself.

Will update with pics once i get some pieces and the container i'm going to use to soak.

dream2reef

by dream2reef

Im doing that very same thing! Rocks are more what I've been collecting, scrubbing, and boiling. I've already sold some and setup 2 tanks with them for others. Why not lfs sells them at 1.99 - 2.99 a pound right?

yasherkoach

by yasherkoach

good idea dream, so many cool looking rocks out there in streams, rivers, what have you - just boil them, then sell them exclusively to aquarium tank owners

Bigdog

by Bigdog

Post some pictures please.

Kingys_dog

by Kingys_dog

yeah sounds good im constantly trawling websites trying to find nice rocks for my cichlid tank in the uk its hard to get cichlid stone and the likes there of so may take your idea :-)
Plus i also get tufa rock from lfs pretty cheap so smash and sculpt that into caves an rockwork also helps my buffering a little too

Alasse

by Alasse

Dang, gonna be longer than i thought, been waiting for the ute to be on the road, but turns out it needs an engine rebuild *sigh*, so once its all done and we get it back from the mechanics, i'll be going out to get some!

My newest thing...

6 posts