I get bored fast.

7 posts

Discuss all topics related to freshwater and planted tanks.

dream2reef

I get bored fast.

by dream2reef

Yep this will be my 88th rescape I'm sure. My fish feel like I did back in school. At least the get the same friends. Really I just wanted physical witnessed evidence to my diy co2 just tryin in out. I'm sure I'll be tweaking with it for months.
bcfa2-88.jpg

yasherkoach

by yasherkoach

it's cool you like to try new things out...but you may want to slow down rescaping if you can for this one point, fish do set up territories. So if the fish are setting up territories yet in a few days or a week or so, you step in, you "destroy" that territory and the fish must rebuild its territory.

but hey, maybe you have very resillient or tolerant fish (((smiles)))

though I must admit, your tank looks good

dream2reef

by dream2reef

I mainly rescape when I have problems with fish not realllllly at any random point. For the very territorial reasons. I got rid of the fish I had the most trouble with even though he looked the best in the tank :( a new trick i'm gonna try is mirror tint or 5% limo tint on my tanks I used to tint windows for fun on the side. I thought f these taped on sprayed on bkgnds right?

yasherkoach

by yasherkoach

only thing is, if you do that and change your mind in the future, it may be really hard to get the tint off

stingraysrule

by stingraysrule

You do not have enough plants for DIY CO2.
You are wasting your time and $$$.

Alasse

by Alasse

Gotta agree with stingray on the not enough plant to warrent CO2.

And many substrate plants will not tolerate being moved constantly, as in rescaped, as you like to do. So if ya wanna do plated and CO2, your better of with another tank

Not that rescaping is bad, i do it too, not as often though *L* Or i have a couple of 2fts i 'play' with...my larger tanks i tend to leave alone for at least 6 to 12 months

dream2reef

by dream2reef

Well we'll see I guess. But thanks! And tints easy to get off I used to have to do that too when I messed it up lol. I have ~ 15 plants and I've only moved them twice

I get bored fast.

7 posts