hey

8 posts

Discuss all topics related to freshwater and planted tanks.

bangme33

hey

by bangme33

WELL THINK ITS TIME TO LEAVE THIS AWFUL CRAP SITE EVRY1 HERE ARE TO FAR UP THERE OWN ARSES TO EVEN BOTHER TALKING OR ASKING QUESTIONS TOO. IF ITS NOT A LOAD OF RUBISH ITS DAM TERRIBLE REMARKS,NO 1 GIVE REAL MARKS ON PICS EITHER WOT A WAISTE OF TIME BOTHERING

yasherkoach

by yasherkoach

bangme, still mad about your responses on the ph...it's constructive criticism. I don't think anyone on this site does leaves comments just to be rude. There are a lot of beginners on this site that need advice from experienced fishkeepers.

If your tank is fine regardless of the comments left about your tank, then just leave it at that. There are no hard feelings from my way (and I suppose no one else). Some work others don't.

Hate to see you go pal...if I was you, just hang in there. I am sure the next post you post will get more positive results. I sometimes I left new threads and never got one response. How it goes, can't please them all, you know?

Just hang in there, okay pal?

jdak702

by jdak702

I never read that thread but pH in the 4s and 3s is next to impossible. Your test kit is wrong. What kind of aquarium test kit even goes that low? Do you realize that is more acidic that acid rain? I don't know if you understand how pH is measured.

The pH scale is logarithmic and as a result, each whole pH value below 7 is ten times more acidic than the next higher value. For example, pH 4 is ten times more acidic than pH 5 and 100 times (10 times 10) more acidic than pH 6. The same holds true for pH values above 7, each of which is ten times more alkaline (another way to say basic) than the next lower whole value. For example, pH 10 is ten times more alkaline than pH 9 and 100 times (10 times 10) more alkaline than pH 8.

This means your tank is 1000+ times more acidic than it should be. If your pH testing were read correctly, i do believe your fish would already be dead.

yasherkoach

by yasherkoach

excellent insightful point jdak...possibly bangme33 needs to get liquid test kit or a new kit (throw the one you have away bangme33, buy a new one) you may be surprised

excellent point jdak - kudos!

dream2reef

by dream2reef

You can use some sodium hydroxide if ya want to try it out? You can get your ph down pretty dang low....

stingraysrule

by stingraysrule

That would be assinine to 'try it out".
There is such a thing called a BLACKWATER tank.
The PH is low, but not below 5. Some fish can tolerate low PH like chocolate Gourmanis, one example.
You use oak leaves and peat, and you must MONITOR the water.
There is a right way to do things and a wrong way.
Getting your PH low because you don't supplement your water is not trying it out.
It's called....... LOOKS GOOD TO ME, so it must be. Well, it is not, IMO.

dream2reef

by dream2reef

you lovvvve those blackwater tanks huh lol but its cool it's not a normal thing and it keeps interest up not same ole boring clearwater setup. Wow my english teacher would be pissed if she'd read that sent.
and I was just kidding btw sodium hydroxide has a ph of like 14

stingraysrule

by stingraysrule

I don't love blackwater tanks.
And, I thought you were serious.
You say some assinine things sometime and mean them, so why would I think this time was different?

hey

8 posts