Yet another rescape!

28 posts • Page 3 of 3

Discuss all topics related to freshwater and planted tanks.

dream2reef

by dream2reef

Yea I read all about the bala. He was only 4 inches. I was waiting for him to grow to 7 and upgrade to a 150+. Anyhow he got an internal problem and died recently despite my efforts in the hospital tank. Thanks for the info though I do appreciate it as I'm sure anyone else will reading this thinking of getting one. I'm now looking at a 90 gal setup for 400 salt/fresh. Hopefully it will be there this friday! More caves to come. I just love this new hobby!

dream2reef

by dream2reef

I traded the gourami for two more rasboras I just love them. That gourami chased the rainbows all over that tank. Not sure if he killed any neons but I am missing 4 jus sayin. I'm hoping to have some baby rasboras annnd neons. I've got the first guppy fry growing pretty fast. Can't wait to sell them. It's just all been good practice for the reef and sw tank so Thanks for all the info and i'll see ya on the next rescape

yasherkoach

by yasherkoach

rasboras are nice fish...rasboras I have socialize with the tetras, play with one another...cool fish that rasbora (good pick)

good to see you are getting a large tank...in my book, the larger the tank the better and the more filtration the better (at least ten times the filter gph).

cool thread

stingraysrule

by stingraysrule

Did you know that neons are not even commercially bred in the US?
And Rasboras are extremely hard if not impossible for a novice to breed.
Your chances of breeding these two species of fish is a waste of time.
Sorry to burst your bubble.
If I were were you, I would try breeding endlers, mollys, guppies, halfbeaks...
they are livebearers, and breed like rabbits.

yasherkoach

by yasherkoach

better yet, purchase about 6 red platies or red wag platies, and in about 6 months, you will have about 50 platies (juvenile size)...unless you do as I did, purchase a few african dwarf frogs, and the chances of a fry living is nil unless it is sucked up into the filter tube and remains alive in the filter canister (I have found a few fry that way, actually I have one 1 from the filter canister that is now over 1 inch in the main tank - fish hobby, what a life)

I agree with stingray, unless they are livebearer, the chances are practically nil for the fish eggs to survive unless you place the pregnant fish way before hand in a good breeder tank, and even then, it is very hard to nurture them.

dream2reef

by dream2reef

Well that's why they make google....But I love the rasbora and have 6 currently. One that's almost 3 inches found accidentally making rapport at the LPS. I can't wait to get some eggs! I just did another rescape again lol. My fish hate me I'm sure. It's like being a kid and moving over and over again. At least they keep the same friends lol.

yasherkoach

by yasherkoach

well if you plan to introduce new fish into a main tank it is best if you reaarange the main tank that way it breaks up any territorial areas that were well established, and gives the newcomers a headstart on finding their own territory

not that one should, but if you do rearrange, it's best to do so when introducing new fish

just a tip (((smiles)))

dream2reef

by dream2reef

That's not a bad idea. I just did another rescape again. I do it very often maybe there's an upside to being bored quickly with a setup. I'll start using that exuse to play with the fish for my girlfriend lol jk.

Yet another rescape!

28 posts • Page 3 of 3