My Blue Grommies keep killing my slower fish!

11 posts • Page 1 of 2

Discuss all topics related to freshwater and planted tanks.

Jonnyguy

by Jonnyguy

Is this normal. My blue grommies (i have 5) keep killing my slow fish (black mollys, and baloon tetras). I'm so sad they have killed 2 fish so far

jdak702

by jdak702

I'm not sure about your question but how did you change the colors of your profile? What size tank do you have?

tekneb

by tekneb

Gouramis can occasionally be aggressive. The second tank I ever owned was a 20 gallon community which contained a gourami. The thing was a monster, it killed off everything else in the tank, including a pleco!! However I would not call this behavior normal, its just a matter of the fishes individual personality.

stingraysrule

by stingraysrule

You guys are crazy.
We just had a discussion about these fish.
And almost everyone jumped on my shit like flies when I stated that gouramis are NOT community fish.
http://www.ratemyfishtank.com/phpbb/viewtopic/4045
These fish are not community fish, and are not aggressive, but CAN BE semi aggressive.
if you want to chance it and cause havoc in your tank hoping you might get a 'nice' one...... well, your chances are 50/50. So not worth it. Somebody always almost dies.

tekneb

by tekneb

I didn't bother reading that post, something about dream2reef annoys me lol. I agree with you that gouramis are not suited for a community tank, and had I read that post I would've backed you up.

stingraysrule

by stingraysrule

LOL. That is surely going to be the funniest thing I am going to read all day.

bangme33

by bangme33

WHEN I 1ST STARTED I KEPT BLUE TYPES AND I DIDNT HAVE ANY PROBLEMS WITH THEM ATACKING OTHER FISH WHCH WHERE A LOT SMALLER EG GLOWLIGHTS AND CARDINALS THEY JUST ATACKED EACH OTHER

stingraysrule

by stingraysrule

I find that hard to believe since all the fish you mentioned are schooling fish and do best in groups of 6 or more.

stingraysrule

by stingraysrule

I find that hard to believe since all the fish you mentioned are schooling fish and do best in groups of 6 or more.

stingraysrule

by stingraysrule

11 posts • Page 1 of 2