New to RMFT!

7 posts

Discuss all topics related to freshwater and planted tanks.

Jonnyguy

New to RMFT!

by Jonnyguy

Hey Fellas, Just thought I'd put something on the forums and say hello to all the fishofiles out there. I just got into the world of aquariums a month ago. But, I have to say I'm addicted for life now! Anyways, RMFT rules! Be sure to check out my tank and I'm looking for any kind of feedback, weather its positive or negative. Thanks!
46268-jonnytank.jpg
94f08-jj.jpg
3bd59-jonojn.jpg
0d63f-jlkjkl.jpg
5b11c-jjj.jpg

breaknrun911

by breaknrun911

welcome to RMFT. only thing i was curious about was the brass knuckles in the pic. if you really do have them in your tank i would suggest you get them out. fish do not like metals in the water. and it can potentially kill them.

Jonnyguy

by Jonnyguy

ya I took them out yesterday. They look cool in there, but I was starting to worry about it messing with the PH.

tekneb

by tekneb

Oh those are yoooour brass knuckles! And here I was thinking your mollies were straight hood, lol. Very nice tank, your gourami is gorgeous.

stingraysrule

by stingraysrule

The tank looks good.
Some suggestions would be to put some smaller plants in front and put some background paper on the back of the tank.
I like the natural look with the slate, and I like the gravel.
Try not to line your plants up all in a row. The tank will look much nicer with a 3d effect if you scatter them.

stingraysrule

by stingraysrule

The tank looks good.
Some suggestions would be to put some smaller plants in front and put some background paper on the back of the tank.
I like the natural look with the slate, and I like the gravel.
Try not to line your plants up all in a row. The tank will look much nicer with a 3d effect if you scatter them.

yasherkoach

by yasherkoach

good to see a lot of agitation at the water surface, that way, there will be plenty of oxygen in the water column

also good to read on your profile you plan to have live plants, not only do live plants look nice and the fish like them as cover and a way to lay eggs or fry but the live plants absorb a lot of ammonia and nitrate in order to make starch which turns into energy for the plant. so it's good to hear you want to go plant live

nice little caves in the tank, fish enjoy caves or rocks; of course as you should know for you have rocks in the tank, you need to boil the rocks first and then dip them in cool water then put into the tank in case there are any germs...plus I am sure you know about the vinegar trick in order to make sure the rocks are not porous or contain too much salt deposits and other unwanted mineral content; same thing goes for wood or bogwood in the tank, boil, cool then place in tank

good to have you on board Captain...need any help, this mate is here for you

New to RMFT!

7 posts