Yet another rescape!

28 posts • Page 1 of 3

Discuss all topics related to freshwater and planted tanks.

dream2reef

Yet another rescape!

by dream2reef

I finally took some advice and made some due changes. I also uploaded it in the planted tank pending approval yay! so yea idk it's fun building a habitat.
1f6fd-001.jpg

dream2reef

by dream2reef

Thanks it took 3 hours to get it right lol. Ill post my fancy goldfish I just bought a lil tiny one to match the huge one - Brain lol.

stingraysrule

by stingraysrule

You bought more goldfish?
you are suppose to be getting rid of fish, not buying more.
I thought you were "juggling lives?"
and you made the tank fuller, instead of taking rocks out.
You are SO gonna get algae on those plants, that is, if the gf dosen't eat the plants first. altho it does look much better than your initial set up.
Now you need some fish that can enjoy it.

dream2reef

by dream2reef

wow no I have zero goldfish in there some neons and whatnot they all seem to enjoy it very well. My gourami actually swoops all over the tank hes my fav but hes also a jerk to everyone of course. I thought about just feeding him to the piranha idk?

stingraysrule

by stingraysrule

thats what happens when you don't do your research when you buy fish.
Gouramis are not community fish and do not belong with neons.
pretty soon you won't have to worry about your neons cause your Gourami is going to eat em all up. Or your tank is going to aquire ick, and you'll need to take stock in stress coat and other medications of course. Neons are blackwater fish and are already stressed to begin with because of your higher ph. Add a chase by a gourami, you are just asking for trouble.

dream2reef

by dream2reef

That's odd? They've lived together for over a month now and I've had no problems at all? Thanks for the info!
They all love each other and eat well together except this new rainbow fish. I think the gourami is playing the bigger penis game. But oh well...He's actually the coolest fish in the tank. He uses all the in's and out's of the rog cks and driftwood. I thought about feeding him to the piranha.
db86d-1.jpg
368ef-003.jpg
e4093-005.jpg
d523a-006.jpg

jdak702

by jdak702

Looks great...

yasherkoach

by yasherkoach

very nice job pal...be really cool if you added several live plants and in your case, placed an all black background on the back to hide the piping etc.

But still, very nice work. Your fish will truly enjoy the caves.

Very cool

stingraysrule

by stingraysrule

rainbowfish are cool and love to be in groups of 4 or more. Only then will their true colors show.

yasherkoach

by yasherkoach

for you have caves...the fish can hide if they feel threatened. Caves serve a great purpose in a tank, not just because some fish need them (like loaches), and not just for livebearer to bear fry, or for some fish to sleep in, but caves are a shelter for those fish which feel threatened by other fish.

So this is the reason the fish got along, the caves provided security

Ahhh, life under water, isn't it just grand?

Yet another rescape!

28 posts • Page 1 of 3