Kind of Gross.

17 posts • Page 1 of 2

Discuss all topics related to freshwater and planted tanks.

brentczech

Kind of Gross.

by brentczech

Well I just wanted to share a little frustration. Today I went to a big pet store that is quite popular in the US. I was getting some supplies, air hose, etc. when I decided to check out the fish selection.

Well is was very disturbing. Lot of dead fish everywhere. Some even floating on the top of the water. Other fish that were alive where looking nasty. Many had piece of their body bitten off. Even the goldfish looked sick and the water was really green.

Ugly scene.

-Brent

Mattallica874353

by Mattallica874353

Seems to be somewhat typical of LFS these days... It's seems that stores who actually take care and pride in their fish are quite hard to come by.

Peterkarig3210

by Peterkarig3210

Where in the US do you live. I don't know how stores who don't take good care of their inventory can stay in business. I've mostly seen this in stores that are mainly for other pets. Their employees are not as knowledgeable about fish and probably don't get paid enough to care.

Deuce15663241

by Deuce15663241

Walmart.... enough said. Every once and awhile i'll buy some fish from them just cause I feel like I should at least give some of them a good home.

spongebob4460

by spongebob4460

i dont support super stores.... its like they say in American Gangster, "Nobody takes pride in ownership anymore."

ChristinaBug2890

by ChristinaBug2890

Going into those super stores makes me sad now...Luckily I just found a small family owned pet store in another town close by and the fishie guy there is willing to special order me anything he can. He's pretty knowledgeable and the store is super clean and organized. I just hope those big stores dont put this one out of business. Im recommending it to my friends now too. I'm hoping to order all my fishies from him from now on if I can. Their products are a bit more pricey and there are never any deals but I think its worth it if the products, animals and customer service are all wonderful.

brentczech

by brentczech

To answer your question, I live in Las Vegas. It is a pet store mainly for dogs and cat but carry all sorts of pets bird, lizards, etc. Major chain.

It was just really sick and a little disturbing. I wouldnt even think of buying a fish or plant from this place.

-Anyways, not to rant but whatever. Is there no regulations on fish like there are dogs, cats, aligators, etc.?

freshwaterpleco

by freshwaterpleco

that means it is a bad fish store

gumbii

by gumbii

wow... you weren't banned... someone owes me 5 bucks...

anyways... if a petshop sells dogs or cats i usually don't walk into it... if they have mamals, they usually aren't going to know alot of stuff about fish, or other creatures... if i'm looking for a snake, i'll go to a reptile store... if i want a fish, i'll go to a fish store... well... actually all of my pets come from breeders... lol... i hardly go to petshops unless i need equipment, or speciality foods...

Deuce15663241

by Deuce15663241

Thats not always true There is a small petshop in my town and it seems like the only thing they take care of is their fish.

Kind of Gross.

17 posts • Page 1 of 2