Hi Nitrites

13 posts • Page 2 of 2

Member introductions and random (non-aquarist) topics.

rhondaks

by rhondaks

I have used the prime and I am also using Stability. Today was the 7th day for the stability. I also added Chichlid lake Salt. They are not rubbing anymore but I tested the water again this morning and the Nitrites are still very high. I have cleaned and done everything everyone keeps telling me to do but nothing is working. I have tested my water out of the tap and the nitrites are 0. But when I clean and do a 20-30% water change and then test the levels are still high. I have gotten a liquid tester but the results are the same. The fish seem healthy and happy. I have 11 fish in the tank and I am feeding them once and some times twice a day. I just cleaned on Tuesday should I do a 50% water change today or wait until Tuesday when I clean. I had some Dolomite rock in there and I took it out yesterday thinking that might help so all I have in there now is Petrified would. I did not boil it but I scrubbed it and bleached it and let it sun dry before I put it in the tank. and it has been almost 6 weeks.

rhondaks

by rhondaks

Nitrites are still very high. I did about a 40% water change yesterday. The fish look great and act fine. The tank is crystal clear. All of the levels are great except Nitrites. I guess I need to just be patient and wait it out. I was wrong on the time line it has only been 5 week. Maybe I am just rushing things.

bangme33

by bangme33

HOW OLD IS THE TANK SETUP ? HOW LONG WAS IT CYCLED FOR? UR PROFILE PAGE SAY 2 WKS. IF IT IS ONLY 2 WKS OLD IT HASNT CYCLED THROUGH, AND U COULD IF NOT LOSSE MOST OR ALL THE CHICLIDS IN THERE MAYBE ASK THE LFS TO KEEP[ HJOLD OF YA FISH UNTILL YA CYCLED OR LET THEM BUY THEM BACK THATS IF YOUR PROFILE PAGE IAM READING IS CORRECT

Hi Nitrites

13 posts • Page 2 of 2