Newcomer here! Making a fish-restock run.

3 posts

Discuss all topics related to freshwater and planted tanks.

MrPatterson1995

by MrPatterson1995

DO you guys have any suggestions for some freshwater fish i can add to my 10-gallon Aquarium? I currently have 1 Ghost Koi, 1 Fancy Goldfish, and 1 Shubunkin (I think thats what theyre called, but im slightly dislexic and can never remember it) Anyways im transplanting all of them into my grandfather's pond, because he has those kinds of fish in it, and i think they would get along well. I was thinking of just getting some comet goldfish but i thought that would be too "typical". but im not really sure. Any suggestions?

Thanks! -Darian

waterbabe

by waterbabe

hi ya mr Patterson, your choice is exactly what i have at the moment, although i wouldn't advise that you keep the ghost too long, my ghost grew enormous in such a short time and 10g is really not enough for him, but if its only temporary before he gets the pond then enjoy him while you can. He will eat larger amounts of food than the others and you must use a variety of foods to suit all their needs.
i have weather loach in my tank too they are sweet fun little critters, but keep a lid on!
hey and comets are just as cool as any other fish, its your preference :)

MrPatterson1995

by MrPatterson1995

Thanks for the reply, and yeah i kust ended up buying a small comet fish for like, 27 cents haha. He seems to be doing fine, and he is one big ball of energy! Him and my shubunkin fish get along great and are always chasing each other around the tank and stuff like that. And i had a big scare with the Ghost Koi the other day, when i tried to feed him he jumped out the open lid, thank God i caught him. I havnt really figured why he did that, but i think its because hes getting to cramped. But thanks for replying!

3 posts