Need advice

14 posts • Page 1 of 2

Member introductions and random (non-aquarist) topics.

beginnger

Need advice

by beginnger

I just gott a 55g tank almost 3 weeks ago, i got two fish two days later. i didnt kno that you have to let the tank go through its cycle before putting the fish in, the ammona, nitrite and nitrate are pretty high
any tips

bangme33

by bangme33

hi well u put the fish in to early(as u already no) wot fish are they??? a gd tip is to get 2/3 fresh prawns and put them into a bag with holes in and the amoinia given off well help kickstart the bacteria process within ur filter take the fish back to the shop, if they havent already died and leave it for at least a month for the tank to cycle and settle plus wot decore have u in there??? some bog wood would be good to lower the ph as well and a few live easy keep plants,,,,,,ph 6.5 amonia 0.0 nitrite o.o and nitrate 0.5
1500b-100_1958.jpg
a81c4-100_1964.jpg
32faa-100_1972.jpg

stingraysrule

by stingraysrule

So you put 2 fish in a 55g 3 weeks ago?
Have you done any water changes since then?
2 fish in a 55G is not a problem in an uncycled tank, unless they are rather large.
Now, not doing any water changes in 3 weeks in an uncycled tank is.
I would do a 50% water change asap, and then do some research on how to cycle a tank

And, bangme...... how come you keep posting pics of a 3 year old tank?

beginnger

by beginnger

I got a florida Gar and a Tiger shovelnose catfish so their rather big
the gar looks heathly but the catfish looks like hes gonna die of hes sick hes lying on the bottom tilted to the side

if i do a 50 percent water change will i still have to take out the fish no right?

jdak702

by jdak702

Your tank is all wrong. Do you have any idea how big these fish get? They are definitely not beginner fish, beginner. They have 200 gallon requirements for both and they are very demanding. The only advice from me is to return these fish unless you can properly house them.

beginnger

by beginnger

their not that big yet so i got time

jdak702

by jdak702

Sounds like you have it figured out then.

stingraysrule

by stingraysrule

Your fish are going to die within a week.
You do not cycle a tank with a Florida Gar.
And, you don't buy a fish until you know how to take care of it.
My advice to you, if the fish are still alive is to catch them in a net, fill a 5gal bucket with your
poisoned water and bring them back to where you got them.
Then, either do some research on how to a cycle a tank, or put your tank up on Craigslist and sell it.
And seriously, why would you ever buy a Florida Gar when you don't even know how to do a water change? Did you think you just put some water in a tank and feed the Gar feeder fish and you were all set?
Are you mentally challenged? I can only excuse your behavior if you are.

jdak702

by jdak702

I bet you some LFS actually sold him the tank and fish all at the same time. What a disaster.

stingraysrule

by stingraysrule

I wonder if they sold him a filter? Really tho, does he not have any common sense?

Need advice

14 posts • Page 1 of 2