New Member - Hello!

13 posts • Page 1 of 2

Discuss all topics related to saltwater / reef tanks.

gtfcniles

New Member - Hello!

by gtfcniles

Hello everyone,

Long time viewer, finally got a tank 3 weeks ago so decided to sign up.

Anyways here's my tank, comments welcomed :-)

http://www.ratemyfishtank.com/friendemail.php/32610

jdak702

by jdak702

Was one of the rules you broke from the book bypassing the cycle? You have a lot of fish listed for a 3 week old tank.

stingraysrule

by stingraysrule

ha ha ha.
You have got to be kidding. Did you buy that as a whole, already cycled?
There is NO WAY that tank is 3 weeks old cause if it was all the fish would be DEAD.

gtfcniles

by gtfcniles

It was already established, got it off ebay, took the water with me. Only fish i've added is the coral beauty and the corals. Tested the water and everything is within ranges and fish seam happy enough.

jdak702

by jdak702

Oh, so what kind of lights are you using? The picture makes it look like the light is different temperature on each side.

stingraysrule

by stingraysrule

So you bought the tank, the lighting, the filter, the skimmer, the rock, the powerhead the thermometer and the fish on ebay?
And you moved 50G of water?
Everything looks pretty new in there.
And if I may aks? How much?

gtfcniles

by gtfcniles

That pic was taken with the blue lights i have on at night. Got all off it for 290, the guy who i bought it off lived around the corner (small world) just bought a few big water containers to take the water with me. Tried cleaning the tank a bit before I put everything back in so probs why it looks new. was a bit worried moving them thought i might lose them but they all survived, all are feeding well annd levels in the tank are all ok so guessing i've been lucky.

jdak702

by jdak702

is that a 46gal bow? I have one too. If you are new to saltwater, i'm just going to tell you a tang grows bigger than that tank allows. You have a few years but they get big. Keep up with larger water changes as well because you have a lot of fish for a small tank.

www.jdak.net

gtfcniles

by gtfcniles

Thanks for the advice jdak.

At the minute i'm doing 10% water change every week to 10 days. yeh it is bow'd a little, pretty good little tank been having trouble getting the protein skimmer to work though not sure why its not producing any bubbles, i've put a airstone on the end of it for time being till i can figure it out. The tang is already my biggest fish in the tank, but if it gets too big my local fish shop is pretty good for buying fish for credit.

jdak702

by jdak702

Is the skimmer not working because you can't figure out where to put the airstone?

New Member - Hello!

13 posts • Page 1 of 2