Freshwater Sump

5 posts

Member introductions and random (non-aquarist) topics.

Bassdr1710057

Freshwater Sump

by Bassdr1710057

I am going to look at a 100 gallon fish tank that I found on craigslist today, but it has holes already drilled for a sump. I dont know much about sumps and was wondering if I could go without it in my freshwater setup.. If not is there a way to seal up the holes??

FishMane25

by FishMane25

u prolly shouldnt NOT use it, seems how there is holes drilled already. i have a drilled tank and a wet/dry running and in order for u to not use it u would have to keep your water level low enough that it wouldnt flow over the overflows. honestly if i were u i would just buy the plumbing setup and use it, its the best way to go! it doesnt cost much for the plumbing but its a little pricey for the wet/dry. im running a 30 gallon sump on my wet/dry.

josmoloco

by josmoloco

Sumps are where its at..

Bassdr1710057

by Bassdr1710057

Thanks for the advise, but I decided against purchasing that tank. I wasnt to sure about the setup and didnt want to get in over my head. Instead I waited a couple more days and found an even better deal on Craigslist. I found a 100 gallon with stand for 200 bucks!! I will post pics as soon as the water clears up..

FishMane25

by FishMane25

very nice! yea i always had hang on the back filters and undergravel filters so i knew nothing about wet/dry so i jumped into it and honestly i wouldnt have nothing more. wet/dry systems are awesome, i think if it wasnt for that my newly setup 125 wouldnt be established with all the levels at 0 as quick as it is. i transferred everything from my old 75 to my 125 to help but the way the wet/dry works i think it really sped up the process but i would love to see pics of the new tank!!!

Freshwater Sump

5 posts