Popeye

7 posts

Discuss all topics related to saltwater / reef tanks.

mro2you2

Popeye

by mro2you2

my royal gramma came down with popeye this morning, one eye so he/she scratched it. Im going to my LFT today to gets get some help.
I decided to ask here as well to futher the chances.
Oh I can't set up a QT so treatment is going to have to be in the main tank.
I read WWM and someone said soaking the food ( all I have is flakes ) in some kind of treatment.

Thanks

jdak702

by jdak702

Why are you only feeding flakes?

mro2you2

by mro2you2

I have a Severe Allergic Reaction with pretty much any frozen fish foods.

jdak702

by jdak702

Seriously? But frozen people foods are ok? You don't even have to touch it. You just pop it out of the foil and put it in a net or cup. I'm calling bullshit.

mro2you2

by mro2you2

haha

yeah LFS said the fish would get really frail and weak so I got some mysis.

I ask about algea, at first they thought it was phosphates, we told them we use phosban, we refresh every three weeks and flip it every week.
Then it went it being next windows... but are shades are always close.
So now its just patience.

mro2you2

by mro2you2

rough night last night. Last night it was thunderin and lightin and everything. The power went out in the morning and I got up to check the saltwater. royal gramma wasnt there. I thought he was in the rocks but I check the filter. there he was.. and so I put him in the tank and he was freaking out. he was trying to cram him self in the heater, every thing. now he found his cave and is staying there.

will he be fine. He had popeye and I bit all this stress didnt help.

AquamanCA

by AquamanCA

I realize this is an old post, but hey I'm new around here LOL For future reference: wear gloves so you do not aggravate that frozen food allergy, thaw some frozen food such as Prime Reef, mix with vitamins and a broad spectrum antibiotic such as tetracycline, refreeze and use this to feed the little guy. Don't worry of other fish eat the food too...it will only help them should you have something that is contagious.

Stop feeding flake food. That stuff is crap and has very little nutritional value. Compare it to you eating potato chips and nothing else. It might keep you alive but how healthy will you be?

Popeye

7 posts