Salwater spill and an angry wife

6 posts

Discuss all topics related to saltwater / reef tanks.

Tien6079

by Tien6079

So I am blessed with a 2 month year old daughter. She is pretty dang cute I might add. I also have the privilege of balancing my time and learning how to calm a crying baby. Well, the wife had left I was doing a water change and had a siphon pulling water out of my tank. Well the baby started crying and I did the good thing by going into "daddy mode" and ran upstairs to calm her. The problem is that I didn't stop the siphon...It was only 5 gallons that made it onto the carpet but that 5 gallons smell almost as bad as my girls diapers. I NEED HELP! I have cleaned the carpet twice with a carpet cleaner machine but it still reeks!! Has anyone had this problem and been able to clean and remove the odor? Oh, I need help fast...I think the wife is gunna try to kill me over this.

Tien6079

by Tien6079

sorry guys, the website is giving me all kinds of errors and posted this multiple times.

DISCUSS

by DISCUSS

USE THE CARPET CLEANER A FEW MORE TIMES AND PULL UP A CORNER OF THE CARPET AND PUT A FAN UNDER IT I DONT KNOW WHERE YOU LIVE BUT YOU COULD RENT AN INDUSTRIAL CARPET DRYER FROM LOWES OR HOME DEPOT I THINK

lionlord3502

by lionlord3502

the simpel thing is you can spend an ass load of money on cleaners and everything els. but if you just put a fan on the rug the smell will goaway in 2 days or so and im shour you have a fan around. uilike freash water saltwater smeller when it is drying it will go away just give it time. and it is a hell of alot safer then putting all thos cemicoles in the floor with a little one running around.

CoryKing

by CoryKing

Did you lay the carpet yourself?
Whenever I buy a carpet now I always try to oversize for this exact reason (or go to a carpet shop and match it), if you have spare carpet you could cut out the smelling patch and replace it? Bed it in with double sided carpet tape. It might stand out for a while but it will smell tons better..

Looks like you may have to treat the wife to a new carpet.

CoryKing

by CoryKing

Did you lay the carpet yourself?
Whenever I buy a carpet now I always try to oversize for this exact reason (or go to a carpet shop and match it), if you have spare carpet you could cut out the smelling patch and replace it? Bed it in with double sided carpet tape. It might stand out for a while but it will smell tons better..

Looks like you may have to treat the wife to a new carpet.

6 posts