I Can't stop!!!!

5 posts

Discuss all topics related to saltwater / reef tanks.

snowboss

I Can't stop!!!!

by snowboss

i have a very strict Sunday test and service regiment in place for my tank....my question is .....I don't seem to have the abilty to leave things alone in there.lol....am I posably hurting things or causeing a potential problem down the road by moveing liverock around and changeing the powerheads around to move water differently reslopeing the substrate etc etc ????

spongebob4460

by spongebob4460

i read someones advice line on a profile here once for a saltwater tank, and it went:
"Don't put your hands in the tank more than once a week."

I don't know the validity of this comment, but it sounded like it came straight from that person's heart, so i remembered it, lol.

saltwaterpimp

by saltwaterpimp

snow boss kep your hands out...lol. i used to do that 2. when you get corals and sponges/dusters on your rocks you wont want to move them all the time. some stuff is photosithetic.coriline will also depend on light and current. your tank will suffer for your adiction.. trust me i know
swp

snowboss

by snowboss

thats what I figured.....lol - -I think I have everything where I want it now so I'll just do regular maint and tell the wife to strike me fiersly about the neck and face if I start moving things .....she'll be right on it I guarentee ....LOL

Pimp - -I can't open my messeges right now --ill check em tonight when i get home

makavelithedon963941

by makavelithedon963941

yea, i did the same thing at one point, its becuase you just started and you want your setup to look official, but trust us, when you have more rock and coral you wont want to, i cant stand to put my hands in the tank anymore, if a coral falls or a rock slips...i just leave it untill my weekly maintenence is due

I Can't stop!!!!

5 posts