Dead Zoanthid??

22 posts • Page 1 of 3

Discuss all topics related to saltwater / reef tanks.

mro2you2

Dead Zoanthid??

by mro2you2

I bought a assorted mix of Zoanthids for $5 ( I know right :) and when I put them in they were all open, the next day they were all clamped up. I just got back from out of town and now there pale and closed. I dont know whats the matter.

sence I've been gone I missed the episodes about how bad RMFT is. I just decides to voice my and say.... Im staying FOREVER here and will remain.

Sad days...

jdak702

by jdak702

Tank stats?

mro2you2

by mro2you2

every thing is 0

salt is 0.35

ph 9.0

phos 0.2

been set up for about 5 month

right now a algea bloom has just started to rap up.

Every thing is fine, no fish death and no coral death.

jdak702

by jdak702

Some of those stats don't make sense to me.

Salt should be 1.025... if at 1.035, thats too high. I don't think you mean 1.35 cause thats really high
pH should be 8.3... how did your pH get so high at 9.0? Not even sure if that is possible with just buffer.
phos is not harmful at all. Only creates algae which is why people watch for it.

Do you have a nitrates? Should be above 0 but not much higher. Algae is a sign of maturation if you ask me but is unsightly. Are you getting these test done at a pet store still? I am tempted do believe that the store isn't testing right as you said once that your pH was 6.0 once and my test kit doesn't even go that low nor does it go up to 9. Mine starts at 7.2 and ends at 8.6... Anyhow, do what you can to fix the water but i wouldn't consider your zoos dead until you see the flesh start deteriorating. I learned this once because i had a leather coral that went limp and wouldn't open for over a month. I thought it was dead but wanted to give it a chance. I put it in a 10g tank and after another month, it came back.

joyce123

by joyce123

IV HAD ZOOS THAT STAY CLOSE FOR ALONG TIME AS WELL AS SOME LEATHERS... JUST GIVE IT TIME AS LONG AS THE WATER PERAMITERS ARE OK..... AS JDAK SAID, UNTIL IT STARTS TO FALL APART IT IS STILL ALIVE..

mro2you2

by mro2you2

nitrate is about.... 3.2 or something

I could of been wrong jdak, I got it tested about 3 weeks ago and I guessed out of my head.

Jdak a little algea isnt bad but when its this....
95616-phosphate 001.JPG

jdak702

by jdak702

What kind of light do you use? Ya, that algae is invading. Right now i am going three days without light. I have a blanket over my tank to keep it dark trying to fight bubble algae. I don't know if you have seen that yet but it is no fun. Three days is extreme but if you went one day without lights or maybe cut an hour off every day, it might help.

joyce123

by joyce123

ive been privleged without having an outbreak yet.... knock on wood..... i did get some red hair algea from a friends tank when i was starting out, but the sea hare took care of that....

jdak702

by jdak702

i had HA years ago. I didn't add new rock or anything and just years later, here comes the bubbles... Very low phosphates and nitrates too. I recently read that you can pop the small ones and take a syringe and suck the fluid out of the big ones. The big ones are the mature ones ready to spread their seeds. Suck the fluid out and no more seeds. That is my project this week.

mro2you2

by mro2you2

jdak that pic was what it was. now its alot better and all most gone.

Is what I have hair algea????

jdak- grand total of when all my burbs is 144 watts, I run all my lights at the same time till 7:44 - 8:00 then turns on the blue light..

Dead Zoanthid??

22 posts • Page 1 of 3