Possible Stock Ideas

7 posts

Discuss all topics related to saltwater / reef tanks.

Ryand639878

Possible Stock Ideas

by Ryand639878

So got my 46 gallon and trying to plan ahead for my stocking list. I was either thinking something along the lines of 1 black/white clown, 1 orange clown, or two of the same if they do not mix? two pajama cardinals or one pajama and one of the black and white ones, a dwarf angel and maybe a blenny or firefish. Or.....a dwarf lion fish with something, any ideas for tank mates with a dwarf lionfish? and do black clowns and orange get along? thanks everyone!

jdak702

by jdak702

Can't mix clowns. I would say a pair of clowns and one or two more fish. I once had a pair of clowns, blenny, and an angel. The rest is your choice. Just don't get everything on the list as this would be overstocked. And that lion still can hurt you and your other fish. Don't take the dwarf lightly.

mro2you2

by mro2you2

mixings clowns is a bad idea. Lions are a no no.

Ryand639878

by Ryand639878

ha thanks jdak and mro. yeah i didn't think it would be good too mix the clowns. and for the lion, it would probably just be him and something but i know my tank is alittle small for anything big enough with the lion.

joyce123

by joyce123

i would have to go with the group on this one.... housing different clown is bad idea..... multiple of one kind i great... and for the lionfish, i wouldnt.... even if it is small, itll eat whatever it will fit in its mouth.... my friend had one and it was fine with all of his other fish, then one day the fish just started to disapear.... yep, mr lion got hungry and found out that it could eat whenever it wanted.

mro2you2

by mro2you2

I had a friend that laughed at my face because I warned him lions were bad and he got it any way, now I laugh at him when I see a the empty space where his aquarium was.
Last edited by mro2you2 on Wed Mar 31, 2010 10:55 am, edited 1 time in total.

joyce123

by joyce123

ha ha ha... my friend had a lion and some other fish and a snowflake eel..... the lion and the eel had it out over a feeder fish and the eel tore the stomach out of the lion.... then in the scruffle the lion must have stuck the eel, cuz a day later the eel died.... he started with a beautiful aray of fish and now he has none...... i laughed too......whats funny was that he was laughing too.

Possible Stock Ideas

7 posts