salty water

39 posts • Page 3 of 4

Discuss all topics related to saltwater / reef tanks.

dick_headers

by dick_headers

Hello Everyone,
I need some serious advices here..About a week ago I started to add "Minute Maid Premium Orange Juice" to my tank. Since then the water is so cloudy, and the results aren't the same as I accepted. Coralline still won't grow, not even a spot..The box says it's very high in Calcium.. I complained at the LGS (local grocery store), and the manager told me I bought the wrong brand.."Tropicana" goes with FOWLR set ups, while the "Minute Maid" is for reef tanks...I think they should have post these infos on the retail box.. I just spent 2.99 (.50 off with my Bonus card) for nothing.. I drinkd the whole box at once, so at least my head turned purple and pink.

Snowboss4492

by Snowboss4492

Only thing that can save you tank now man - -is a 50% water change with Sunny Delite {not the diet kind for gods sake!!!} and pull all your carbon out of the filter and put TUMS with calcium in there for at least a week

Everyone else - -we need to light a candle for Dick Headers and pray his tank makes it through the night

dick_headers

by dick_headers

I truly appreciate that...

angus4481

by angus4481

good thing i watched baywatch as a kid. my fish jumped out of my tank this morning. at first i thaought it was done for, but then, i remembered CJ on baywatch.........DAMN! anyways, i started mouth to mouth. the fish came back to life and thanked me. i gave it a vicodine, and sent it on its way.hes gotta be trippin balls at the moment, cuz he aint movin.

dick_headers

by dick_headers

Now that's a good one!! LOL!! That's what I'm talkin' about.
BTW.. Thanx for watching my shows,
David Hasselhoff

saltwaterpimp

by saltwaterpimp

lmao..he is also a very good singer..dick headers your coraline wont grow unless the tropicana has pulp in it. if that does not work try milk.....

this is the best post ever...

angus4481

by angus4481

MILK? dude........ algea is lactose intolerant, you a$$(jk)....lol..everybody knows that! DH, i have the solution. get the industial size bottle of Dawn, and toss the whole thing into the tank. now, some people say it foams up a little bit....dont worry, its just a chemical reaction, it will pass. and if its not done foaming in bout an hour, well, something went wrong. lol

snowboss

by snowboss

wondering if dawn power foam would work better as it's already foamed up????

I've heard bleach will get rid of soap foam as well ...good piece of knowledge to keep in the back of your mind

saltwaterpimp

by saltwaterpimp

angus.hows your fish? and how did you give him vicodine.did you just throw it in the tank? or while he was out of the water did you force him to eat it. i was going to give my fish a vicodine.cuz he jumpt out last month.thanks in advance
swp

angus4481

by angus4481

lets not talk bout it........... he Overdosed. poor guy lol

salty water

39 posts • Page 3 of 4