Coraline growth

4 posts

Discuss all topics related to saltwater / reef tanks.

Legalizeg13

Coraline growth

by Legalizeg13

Does coraline need heavy lighting for growth and what are the peramitters for corline growth. Such as helthy calcium levels keeping phosphates low lighting? How can I grow coraline rapidly

fihsboy

by fihsboy

Alkalinity, Magnesium, Calcium are your main players. The tank needs to be ionically balanced. Lighting isnt as important as you may thing. I had a Compact flourescent bulb in my cabinet....left it on for a few days and it started to grow in my sump. The thing you have to remember about saltwater tanks, your not keeping fish and corals....your keeping water. Your water is your #1 priority, if your water is correct......everything is correct. Water chemistry is all you really have to worry about it, how you go about that is up to you. :)

Legalizeg13

by Legalizeg13

Do you think buffers will do the trick if so what's your preference

fihsboy

by fihsboy

Personally I have used every means of calcium addition......if your looking at growing coralline algae......then the fastest I ever grew it was with purple up....and Power compact bulbs.....Now.......the fastest i ever grew my corals was with what I have now....my sps are exploding with growth. My montipora cap has grown half an inch in the last month. Right now im running 2 150w halides 10K. And I have an automatic top off in which I add kalkwasser through. Two part solution is good too.....just remember to test before you dose for about a week....week and a half....and you will get a good feel for your needs in your tank. Dont go by the bottles instructions......you will waste product, and you will throw the chemistry out. It looks like you have a large tank........I would seariously consider a kalkwasser reactor.....its easy......CHEAP as heck! and works wonders. I made mine out of an old calcium reactor that was thrown away...What were you leaning towards? All of the three ways work.....and each has a downside.

Coraline growth

4 posts