Fluval Edge - Anyone own one?

7 posts

Discuss all topics related to freshwater and planted tanks.

Tien6079

by Tien6079

Has anyone here used the Edge? http://www.hagen.com/uk/aquatic/addinfo/fluval_edge.cfm

If so, do you like it? I am bent on getting one. Go ahead and post what you think of it but I specifically want to hear from those who have owned one. When I saw it online it reminded be of the Biorb and I wanted nothing to do with it (yes I own a baby Biorb and it sucks). However I saw it set up in my LFS and it looks spectacular! Its designed well and comes with enough conviniences to counter the inconvinience of having a small opening. FYI: Seeing all 3 colors in person, the black model does not look so good. the brown and the silver look better.

Peterkarig3210

by Peterkarig3210

Looks nice and clean, and the lights sound good for show, but I wonder if they're bright enough for plants.

I bet it costs a lot.

leifariek

by leifariek

hey - the fluval edge, although i dont own one (have worked with a few of them) is, for the package you get a fairly good aquarium. Given that it always depends on what you intend to do with it. As far as the design is concerned, the built-in lamps, filter and the exceptional viewing capability are a nice touch with this tank. However, when planting and/or maintaining carpet plants or any other plant that requires alot of attention, keep in mind that the opening on the edge tank makes these actions much more complicated.

Tien6079

by Tien6079

I bought one and have had it for a week now. I absolutely love it. Now we will see what time brings and success in keeping the fish however I am pleased with the set up. The filtration is great and the lighting looks spectacular.

yasherkoach

by yasherkoach

Tien, what are the gallons on this unit? Also, in my own opinion, the maintenance on the unit looks kinda restricted...what's the take on this?

it does look kinda interesting though I would never buy one...it looks too gadgetry for my tastes

Tien6079

by Tien6079

it is 6 gallons. Maintenance is somewhat restricted but has not been too bad. They did a great job in the design of the tank. It is one of the few small aquariums that looks professional and has relatively low hassle. I love the tank so far and may get a second one.

josmoloco

by josmoloco

Called a Fluval, filtered by aquaclear....

7 posts