Air Flow

12 posts • Page 2 of 2

Discuss all topics related to saltwater / reef tanks.

fihsboy

by fihsboy

I posted a thread on phosphates I think.....Its mine on another website. its just a pinwheel mod. Basically, you cut away the old propellor from your pump.....cut the bio ball in half and trim the one side down to fit inside of your pump. Once it will fit inside the pump when glued to the impellor your good to go, just make sure its cleaned up so nothing clogs the pump. All skimmer pumps have a pinwheel or needlewheel, this is what chops up the bubbles. If your not into the pinwhell mod with the bio ball.....fishing line will do the same thing. Just make it neet and make sure its secure with glue. Also, remember when adding fishing line to the needlewheel that its a wheel....to increase performance you must add line in another fashion rather than in a circle.....a circle will not add any chopping action to the water. The idea behind the pinwheel and fishing line mods is to simply chop the bubbles up smaller, the smaller the bubbles the more contact time and more protiens they can grab, basically cleaning better. Thats why bubble kings skimmers are one of a kind, they offer insane contact time with a pump thats a beast at pulling in water/air. I can go into more detail if needed. or more specific.

jdak702

by jdak702

so can the bio ball mod pump as much water as the impeller?

Air Flow

12 posts • Page 2 of 2