Filter bag in Penguin 150

19 posts • Page 2 of 2

Discuss all topics related to freshwater and planted tanks.

spongebob4460

by spongebob4460

update:

have been running the Aquaclear alongside my Penguin and also placed a full media bag of fresh carbon in my Penguin behind the cartridge, and man oh man is my water much clearer and odor-free. That was the best investment (and cheap!). Thanks for the suggestions guys, it pays off every time!!

freshwaterpleco

by freshwaterpleco

Even me spongebob

Snowboss4492

by Snowboss4492

Pete - - i'm in upstate NY - - power heads are pretty readily available to me - -i was interested in haveing a couple cheap back up filters - - I'm in the process of buying a 65 gallon set up from Pimp, i already have my 20 running and I'd like to set up a 10 gallon - -I like haveing extra equipment around incase of a failure - -or in the case of my 20 gallon....Im running 2 filters, 2 powerheads and a protein skimmer - - -so as you can see I like to over care for the water - - -just looking for that next good deal you know? - - thanks for the offer though bud, Boss

And YES Pleco - -when your advise is solid and your respectful we are thnkful for you 2 cents - -it's when you come off like we are all stupid that we get twisted up - - -for example, when ever i make a post about something I DON'T know 100% - -i lead with saying I DON"T know 100% - - understand what I'm saying? - - on a personal note - - I wouldn't try "joking" with anyone just yet - -we are all pretty stand offish towards you after the last go round a couple weeks ago - - time will expose all truths bud - - - Boss

Peterkarig3210

by Peterkarig3210

The Boss has some good points Freshwaterpleco. I've been a therapist of sorts for many years and please excuse me if I'm being too personal, but I bet anything your dad was or is hard on you. Everybody wants to feel like they are a part of a group, or even an expert sometimes. These guys on the salt water side are a world above the fresh water crew due to the difficulty and high cost of salt water aquariums. I don't know when I'll have the money to go that way, but when I do I'm going to do a lot of reading so that I can keep my tank alive and healthy. If I'm still on this site at that time I'm going to be asking a lot of questions. The smartest people are those who are still learning, who are open to constructive criticism, who never get too sure of themselves. The fact that you are taking you criticism pretty well shows that you don't just run when people get on your case. I like that.

Snowboss4492

by Snowboss4492

well said Pete, I'm 39 yes old and this is my first salt set up, I apprieciate your cander in saying we salt guys are a world above, yes tolerances are tighter and cost is higher ... but I personally don't feel "better" than anyone else, and I don't think that's what you were stateing at all just wanted to clearify that - - and yes I will get a little nervous when I out my head down at night and review the day and find I haven't learned anything {hasn't happened yet,lol} - -

I can't wait to see the day you do a salt system as your fresh water sytem is incredable right now....Boss

Snowboss4492

by Snowboss4492

when I lay my head down [sorry mistyped]

Peterkarig3210

by Peterkarig3210

Tis a work in process! Just added copper sulfate. Hope none of the fish get ill and hope the Java moss doesn't die.

spongebob4460

by spongebob4460

any progress?

Peterkarig3210

by Peterkarig3210

I just put it in less than 12 hours ago. Nothing has changed. I'll check the chemistry tomorrow.

Filter bag in Penguin 150

19 posts • Page 2 of 2