What too add first???

9 posts

Discuss all topics related to saltwater / reef tanks.

mro2you2

What too add first???

by mro2you2

yeah sorry in the past ive wrote some stupid question and I think this is the stupidest but here we go. I just want too ask this one so I get it right, my fresh never work well in the begining and still doesnt.

what should I add first? I was think I should add some hermits first so any of my algea would be gone and I could add coral when ever. then I thought the pair of clownfish ( If its all right I would prefer ro get the clowns first) would be a good but I though two fish at one was too much. Or a yellow watchmen and a pistol shrimp.

The tank has cycled for 3 weeks (all most four) I have healthy population of austraia what ever stars, a good pop of copepods and a diatom out break ( which I think is common for new tanks) is starting to die. oh and I used your method fishboy of cycling it, but I just killed any shrimp I found that came with the rock and let them swirl around in my tank till it decaded.

mro2you2

by mro2you2

anothe question, do you think if I dropped the idea of a flame dwarf would a pair of clown and a yellow prawn goby with a pistol shrimp be too aggressive for a seahorse. I was thinking after the nano is complete ill start a little 14 gallon seahorse but if possible could get one now would be awsome!!

mro2you2

by mro2you2

or one of em fany 2 inch pipe fish. I do plan coral and current may be too powefull.

jdak702

by jdak702

Sea horses need to be in a specialty tank. They actually come from another part in the ocean where currents aren't so strong. They really have no defense. They die very quickly if any aggression is in the tank and i don't believe any clownfish has NO aggression. Getting them to eat is tough too. You usually have to supply copepods and live brine for survival. I believe a pipe fish is exactly the same way. Like you said, coral need good current and sea horses need very light current.

mro2you2

by mro2you2

oh.....

mro2you2

by mro2you2

ocean rider made it sound so easy!!!!! LOL

mro2you2

by mro2you2

getting first fish next week!!! cant wait.

jdak702

by jdak702

I just got this tomato clown unexpectedly... what are you getting? want a tomato clown?

mro2you2

by mro2you2

just a Ocellaris Clownfish.

What too add first???

9 posts