Live rock

30 posts • Page 3 of 3

Discuss all topics related to saltwater / reef tanks.

saltwaterpimp

by saltwaterpimp

can u get bionic 2 part calcium alkilinity ? also your tank wont use alot of those trace elements . if you are not going to test for iodine dont add it. it could be more of a headache then any thing. waterchanges go a long way .

FRMNUTN2SUMTN4672

by FRMNUTN2SUMTN4672

lastly, and then im going to bed. lol thanks for all your info pimp......should i wait for the new lighting until i buy rock or will what i mentioned above be ok since the lights dont go on during the cycle. Ive ready the photosynthetic stuff can benefit from a gradual onset of actinic lighting and this will avoid a algae bloom. and im done for the night lol

saltwaterpimp

by saltwaterpimp

you can hold off on the light till you add corals or want the pink and purple to realy come out. you can cut back on lighting for a week or so if you dont want a bloom.

FRMNUTN2SUMTN4672

by FRMNUTN2SUMTN4672

your the man pimp...time for shut eye

FRMNUTN2SUMTN4672

by FRMNUTN2SUMTN4672

boss, how much LR u puttin in the 65? and what type?

FRMNUTN2SUMTN4672

by FRMNUTN2SUMTN4672

good live rock article...just wanted to post it here as a reference...
http://www.wetwebmedia.com/ca/volume_2/ ... e_rock.htm

snowboss

by snowboss

I've been looking at branch tonga for some time, but I like the multi colors on fiji roack as well, but Im still leaning towards the branch tonga, maybe mix it with some base rock - - tonga as well . . .as far as how much - -I predominantly stick to the FOWLR theory but use more LR than most so right now i'm figureing on 40 lbs of LR and 40 lbs of live sand - -80 lbs total - -might bump the LR up a bit with some hand picked "custom" lookiong pieces for the top - -I am going to try the suspended rock look that Pimp and I were talking about as well - - so we'll see, lol , Boss

frmnutn2sumtn

by frmnutn2sumtn

boss ..you decide to use any other elements for live rock care yet or no...i know u hade some LR in there...just curious?

snowboss

by snowboss

as of yet I havn't added any type of chems for the live rock, I do weekly 10% water changes and "dust"/ blow everything off daily with a Turkey baster.....the rock was pretty "low grade" another quality purchase from a crappy money hungry LFS,lol, hinde site is 20/20 - I'm just now getting some really nice bright green spots on it ....even see a couple coraline spots trying to emerge. I think i will try the B-ionic in the next few weeks, i wanna let the new fish get comfy for a while first but definately will use it with the stuff I order for the 65G when the time comes as it seems to be pretty nice quality rock....Boss

snowboss

by snowboss

Note: I just read that article on live rock you posted earlier....NICE FIND !!! I think everyone should read, ..............

Live rock

30 posts • Page 3 of 3