yellow labs not so peaceful

2 posts

Member introductions and random (non-aquarist) topics.

markthecat

by markthecat

i just want to say i think labs are great african cichlids you can mix them with just about any african cichlid even the more aggressive ones and they still do fine. if they get into a fight and cant win they know how to flee and stay alive. and they rarely get the dreaded malawi bloat. but alot of sites say they are peaceful compared to other mnuba. but i have kept several labs and i can tell you there not that peaceful.mine have fought red zebra's and won! and not only that they are quite agressive toward there own kind and terretorial. no i'm not saying they are the most agressive mnuba but they are not the most peaceful. i just dont think sites should be misleading people b/c they can be some pretty mean little monsters.
what does everybody else think who has owned yellow labs.

dizzcat

by dizzcat

Unfortunately, many sites just say peaceful fish. A poor unsuspecting soul then buys them for their community tank only to have it attack all the other fish!

I have two that just swim around and mind their own business. Yet I have a big male that takes on all the other males in the tank. The only one he backs down for is my male Red Zebra. I think it just depends on each individual Labs personality.

2 posts