Do's and devfinately nots

8 posts

Discuss all topics related to saltwater / reef tanks.

Snowboss4492

by Snowboss4492

Ok, there's been a few posts on mods going around and rock structures posts are flying around as I type - - so in salt systems understanding that just about anything we put in our tanks affects them - - what are some non tradition things that might be ok in there i.e. marble pieces [not the ones you play with,lol} slate/shale, what about a piece of ship wreck? [not that they are readily available] but I do have a couple dive buddies from when i was in the service - - might be able to score some cool stuff - - -thoughts, knowledge, concerns, ideas???? Boss

and yes i know, no plecos under 55 gallons

saltwaterpimp

by saltwaterpimp

idk.. do some research on what ever you put in the tank. what is the ship made of?

Snowboss4492

by Snowboss4492

don't have anything in mind right off - - i have seen some of the stuff they have brought up over the years - -old pottery, coins, hinges, just cool looking trinkets - -no treasure chests or anything like that - -i just think it woud be cool to say "yeah, that's off the spnash gallion so and so it sank in the 1700's" or to have a cool piece of roman looking marble sitting in with the live rock "atlantis" looking - - ok is this sounding stupid????

saltwaterpimp

by saltwaterpimp

that would be cool.! i will find out what you can put in there and cause no harm.to fish and corals.

Snowboss4492

by Snowboss4492

see i figured the Pimpster would know who to ask........LOL

dick_headers

by dick_headers

http://petcaretips.net/aquarium-decorations.html

I don't know if they mention this on that site, but NO COINS OF ANY KIND for a saltwater tank. Can be toxic and will corrode, that's why you not suppose to put any metal stuff into your tank.

snowboss

by snowboss

cool, thanks, thats why I ask questions, I've destroyed one tank on my own and with bad advice already, so i'll be asking about everything before i move from here out - - your two eyed fish gonna make it??? lol

dick_headers

by dick_headers

I think a waste about 1000.00 dollars before I started to ask questions. I was stupid and stubborn. I'm still stupid, but less stubborn:-) The fish is just fine. He eats and swims..So healthy..idk.. He acts like a normal 3 eyed fish..idk man..idk

8 posts