....a must read for all.......

30 posts • Page 1 of 3

Member introductions and random (non-aquarist) topics.

saltwaterpimp

by saltwaterpimp

anyone have any ideas for the site.in the FAQ section ther is some options. please read them and post a few that you would like to see made here.javier gave the o.k.and try to change some things...so input is impotant....thanks
swp

saltwaterpimp

by saltwaterpimp

i would like to see
smileys
chat rooms

snowboss

by snowboss

A few of us have been posting the desire to see a "mods" section for all of us to post pics of silly, cool, helpful or just plain crazy things we have done to our tanks i.e. some guy and I are have been talking about suspending live rock structures above the substrate - - final pics will look cool, but to see how it was done would be really nice - - -Boss

spongebob4460

by spongebob4460

yes, i dont mind the following:

- a link to my mailbox from my profile (as opposed to going thru the forum area)
- a quick way to search users (maybe see who is online and offline also)
- a Do-It-Yourself section of the forum
- a posting grade as opposed to total number of postings
- maybe a quick jump button at the beginning of the thread that jumps you to the most recent post at the end, so we don't have to scroll (helpful for longer posts or multiple page posts where currently clicking the page number doesnt jump u to that page for some reason)
Last edited by spongebob4460 on Thu Mar 06, 2008 10:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

spongebob4460

by spongebob4460

im on the fence with the chat room thing now... i was in favor of it earlier, but now im thinking without a moderator how out of hand it could get... i dont think the site is ready for chat rooms yet, IMHO :)

And i personally like that the forums dont have too much customization for each user... it starts to clutter up the forum with long signatures, big avatars, and such, and makes reading through a thread very distracting... so i like the simple current setup, i dunno

gumbii

by gumbii

i would also like the ability to qoute some post...

sigs are cool... as long as they are kept to type only, or a limit somehow... but i would like to see fish/pet list as sigs...

also... i would like to be able to change size/bold/underline/italics and stuff like that to the post we do...

hot linking would be the best thought... maybe a float tag..???

saltwaterpimp

by saltwaterpimp

how about a tanks rated counter on your profile.

spongebob4460

by spongebob4460

any ideas for reporting abuse in a thread... maybe a 'report abuse' button to alert webmaster to a thread where abuse is taking place... and a course of action for repeated abuse by same user (leading to flagged account, and in worst case flagged ip address)

saltwaterpimp

by saltwaterpimp

i do agree the chat rooms can wait i also agree with the abuse button .

snowboss

by snowboss

the abuse link is a good idea - -other than if the abuser gets all twisted up and starts flagging someone he or she doesn't like just to cause trouble, I think we can all think of an example here - -but i guess the webmaster would become the judge jury and executioner in that case no? just a thought

I agree, with holding off on the chat rooms - -as stated in other posts by myself and others - -i really think the forum, as it is would disappear - - - it's extremely beneficial to be able to go back and research past posts - -Boss

30 posts • Page 1 of 3