Salt Treatment for Ich help pleaseeee

5 posts

Discuss all topics related to freshwater and planted tanks.

Ryand639878

by Ryand639878

Hi everyone I have a few questions about how to treat ich with salt. I have a beautiful oscar who the past few days has had a few little white dots on his two front fins, expecting its ich. No where else does he/she have it and it seems that the dots arent there one day but there the next. Does it sound like ich, if so can someone please explain how to use aquarium salt and higher temperatures to treat it or should i use chemicals. thanks alot.

Ryand639878

by Ryand639878

a lil disapointed that no one will comment on a forum where some needs help but will write 85 replies to how does a tank look question or what should i stock my tank with questionn.

breaknrun911

by breaknrun911

personally i would use chemicals. you COULD and i use that loosely dip him in saltwater water. and all the bacteria would die off immediately. but u are risking the death of your fish as well. and that is a card that you will have to consider. some ppl do it and have had success and some have done it and killed their fish. some other methods is natual crushed garlic from yur grocery store mixed into the tank as well as mixed into the food. you can aslo try some chemicals called "kick-ich" or marcyn 1 or 2. just make sure you follow the directions for the dosage and when you need to do water changes. hope that helps

Peterkarig3210

by Peterkarig3210

You can't kill the ICK when it's on the fish. You have to wait till the ICK is in it's free swimming stage to kill them off.

Just buy ICK medicine. It's ingredient is formalin blue I think, and raise the water temp a bit. That will speed up the ICK's life cycle and shorten the treatment period.

Make sure you keep treating for a few days after the spots are gone or they'll come back.

Treating the fish itself is pointless. You have to treat the whole tank and get all the free swimming ICK.

Good luck, It's the most common parasite found in fresh water fish (don't know about salt tanks), and you should be able to kill them in about a week.

beachywoman

by beachywoman

I treated my tank with Aquarium salt for one fish with ICH. Raised the temp in the tank and dosed it with Aquarium salt. Took care of the ICH.

5 posts