brackish puffer (Figure 8?)

11 posts • Page 1 of 2

Discuss all topics related to freshwater and planted tanks.

natalie265
Site Admin

by natalie265

I'm thinking about converting my 30 gallon into a brackish tank some day. I'd really love to keep a puffer. From the research i've done so far, it seems like a figure 8 would be my best option. Does anyone here have any experience w/figure 8s? Are there any other smallish puffer fish that might be suitable for a brackish tank? I WOULD like to keep other fish in the tank as well,: gobies? Chromides? mollies? It seems like there is a lot of conflicting information out there about the compatibility of brackish species, so i'd love to hear from anyone who has experience or knowledge of these types of set ups!

mro2you2

by mro2you2

I know you wont take my advise and sence this is my last post Ill give you my poor advise. The figure eight puffer is very mean if you want one buy at least another 30 or so. Too be on the safe side I would get...

4 brachygobius
1 dragon goby
1 dusk panther goby

If you had a bigger like 100 you could get scats and monos. Please dont buy the puffer. I know you hate me and like you said " i don't think anyone is taking him seriously anyways" but for fishes sake PLZ dont bye them. Sorry what I sayed anyway sence I give misinformation Im leaving so now one will have misinformation from me.

mro2you2

by mro2you2

:d bye peter, sticks, dizz, gubii, snowboss peace. :(

mro2you2

by mro2you2

and Golden termite you too....

natalie265
Site Admin

by natalie265

Mr: The rudeness that you have exhibited towards myself and other users is not acceptable on this forum. And the truth is, people would be a lot more receptive to your imput if you treated others respectfully, and if you took a little more care in checking your posts for errors before you submit them.

I think that dragon gobies are really cool, but you need to remember that my tank is only 30 gallons. I've concidered brachygobius (bumblebee gobies) and have heard that they can be kept successfully w/a figure 8.

Any other ideas?

mro2you2

by mro2you2

http://www.liveaquaria.com/product/prod ... catid=1601

okey, well I know there are fresh water bumble bees like brachygobius aggregatus and with a 30 you cant get much but bumble bee and mollies so I would just get a fresh and those two fish. I know It isnt what you want but hey.

mro2you2

by mro2you2

here you go

http://www.liveaquaria.com/product/aqua ... .cfm?c=954

here is what this site has.

mro2you2

by mro2you2

or a whole colony of brachygobius aggregatus these are fresh again but are schooling. Im going to try to find these and try them out.

mro2you2

by mro2you2

natiele what do you think?

natalie265
Site Admin

by natalie265

I don't know. I'm leaning towards 1 figure 8 puffer and 5 bumble bee gobies or knight gobies. It'll be a while before i make the conversion (I have to get my 55 gallon up and running first), so i have plenty of time to do more research.

11 posts • Page 1 of 2