Q about a center piece in a members tank

19 posts • Page 1 of 2

Discuss all topics related to freshwater and planted tanks.

Promthanom

by Promthanom

Hi! I'm new and I was browsing the 10 gallon tank gallery and came across a tree stump center piece in one members tank and I really like it but I do not think the member who owns the tank is active anymore to answer my question. Do any of you know where they might have gotten this stump at?

Pic location:
http://www.ratemyfishtank.com/photo-main.php/22813

If you look closely, it almost looks like its two objects instead of one. Any help is appreciated :)

-Jane

mro2you2

by mro2you2

Its a fake, you can get them at any petsmart, petco etc.

Promthanom

by Promthanom

Thanks mro2you2 but I knew it was probably a fake. The thing is I looked at petsmart, petco, drs froster&smith, aquariumguys and more sites... even walmart but the closest driftwood/stumps those sites have either do not look anything like that or they are much too big for a 10 gallon tank like in the pic.

The closest look-a-like is here:
https://www.drsfostersmith.com/product/ ... atid=18456

mro2you2

by mro2you2

You can get real logs/driftwood but they have a special coating to keep bugs and wairing down on it.

Promthanom

by Promthanom

I was thinking about getting real wood as a center piece but I'm wary about it messing with my PH levels. Coating or no coating, I rather stick with fake wood to be safe. But thanks for the idea :)

I'm just going to browse the gallery here to get some inspiration on a theme for my little 10 gallon tank. Maybe I should ditch the center piece idea, let the java moss take over the tank and turn it into a moss farm with the tetras as farmers XD

Thanks again for your help :)

mro2you2

by mro2you2

logs soften the water and taht will be good for tetras because they are Very sensetive to ph and they need soft.

natalie265
Site Admin

by natalie265

its too bad you can't find it. It's very natural looking (at least in the photo). I like it!

dizzcat

by dizzcat

I have a small version of that. I got mine at Petsmart. They do have the big ones at the stores near me. They keep them under the fish tank displays, not in with all the other tank decorations.

Promthanom

by Promthanom

@natalie265:
I know! I wanted to go with a natural theme and have lots of hiding places for the neons as well and I really love the roots in the pics. I'm still searching and will be going to petsmart in the morning thanks to dizzcat :)

@dizzcat:
THANK YOU! I don't get out much and usually browse stores online. The petsmart site doesn't have this stump but I will be going to the local petsmart here in the morning to check if they have it. Thanks again! :)

mro2you2

by mro2you2

what about mia!!! :D

19 posts • Page 1 of 2