Sad days

11 posts • Page 1 of 2

Member introductions and random (non-aquarist) topics.

Poetic_Irony2267

Sad days

by Poetic_Irony2267

My tank has been devastated. Moved from Western NY to Denver area, drove str8 through, All of my discus are dead, my kuhli loaches, my skunk botia's, all of my tetra, and the rams, dead....the exceptions are the two rope fish, fresh water flounder, and the diamond tetra that i have had for almost five years, tossed all the gravel, 90% of the plants are dead. Basically have an empty tank, and will be starting over from nothing. The fish were fine until we got into CO, and the weather turned for the worst, cold as heck, and snow, lots of snow. Now to find a LFS with reasonable prices for everything I need to get my tank back up to even half of what it was. The shock of losing so many fish is not a good feeling. If anyone has any idea where to go for a lfs near or around Conifer Colorado, please let me know. The good news is, the dog, the cat, and four ferrets all made the trip with out any issue. The Apartment we are renting is absolutely wonderful, 1300 sq ft, all open floor plan, on 100 acre nature preserve and views that give ya chills, when you look out all of the giant windows that line the wall in the main living area.

Peterkarig3210

by Peterkarig3210

that really sucks. That was a nice set up you had before too, so I can only immagine, and the diskus!

I may have to move away from LA and I plan to take my gars.

They should be fine in a container in my truck with maybe a couple logs to combat swashing out. They can breath air from the surface and are pretty tough.

Oh well I guess. Shit happens. I got a neon tetra disese and lost all 20 tetras.

mro2you2

by mro2you2

I know, 3 tiger barbs now one and today Im going out to get five. Sad days. :(

Snowboss4492

by Snowboss4492

holy christ Poetic, i can't imagine your lose bud..................i had a clown jump a week or so ago and i was messed up for a couple days...............to lose everything with all the time and care you've put into it ..........wow

i am trulely sorry my friend, i hope you can find a dependable LFS out there for the rebuild,

keep us posted on the new set up and get some of those awsome views posted for us too......................

Boss

Poetic_Irony2267

by Poetic_Irony2267

Thanks everyone for the kind words. I am slowly getting over it, as I am trying to unpack and get settled in, start my new job tomorrow, and have to be at the top of my game in order to make this work out well. Once I have some more time, I will post some pics of the views and wildlife, like the elk that visit the pasture land right below the place we are renting, and the mule deer that come to feed at the bird feeders in the side yard. Once everything settles and I am able to relax a bit I will take the rebuild to the next level, have some serious plans mulling around inside my rattle trap.
Thanks again everyone.

Brandon

mro2you2

by mro2you2

How about you start a reef instead? Did the cold weather kill the fish?

Poetic_Irony2267

by Poetic_Irony2267

mro2you2, yeah it was the cold that killed them, arriving when we did in denver was not the best timing, during the first winter storm of the year, guess that's just my luck. Still, I am planning on redoing the tank as a planted tank however want to make it something that no one on here is really doing, have some ideas i am tossing around currently, once i settle in completely and can afford to start making purchases, and get it up and running again, I will post some new pics and retire the old ones. with the current situation it's going to be condusive to starting a reef tank, have to build a shield or cover for the tank to use during the day, because the amount of sunshine we get in our current location is quite a bit more than the previous, and there isn't a single wall in the place that i can put the tank on with out it being in direct sun, even with a UV filter it would still be too much, very open floor plan and huge floor to ceiling windows with complete southern exposure!

gumbii

by gumbii

try to get one of these in your back yard...
http://www.garretts-acropolis.com/Pictu ... events.htm

Snowboss4492

by Snowboss4492

OMG !!!!!!!!! that is holy shit cool !!!!!!

id have coral pops up here in NY for 5 months out of the year though , lol -- but it does give me some ideas for the basement

awsome set up

Boss

Poetic_Irony2267

by Poetic_Irony2267

As promised here are some links to my facebook site photos of the new home, or rather the wildlife and area around the place.

And Gumbi, that is pretty freaking sweet!!!! i would love to set something like that up, once I either buy or build a house out here. that will be a while yet, still haven't settled in completely as of yet, lol have a box jungle in the living room!

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=4 ... 7d5a49954e

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=4 ... 4abb1a5c33

Keep on keeping on
Brandon

Sad days

11 posts • Page 1 of 2