How can i tell if its male or female?

5 posts

Discuss all topics related to freshwater and planted tanks.

milky648

by milky648

Hi ok i have a 7" jackdempsy and i think its a female pale colouers if it was a male would be more couler full and ponted fins right, so my 2nd jack is 2 1/2 " can u alrady tell if its male or female just buy the fins or do i havto wait till its 7"???
Last edited by milky648 on Thu Mar 06, 2008 5:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

miami754

by miami754

I'm not sure about overstocking as I am unfamiliar with all the fish and their adult sizes (remember that just because someone has 20 fish in their 125 - these may be species that don't get quite as large as the ones you have. The oscar and jags get huge not to mention that the Jacks can get pretty big as well), but I can tell you that it looks like you may run into some compatibility issues. You have a wide range of aggressiveness in your fish and this is generally not a good thing. For example, your Jaguar, Jacks, and green terrors are very aggressive fish whereas the peacocks are pretty mild as far as cichlids go and silver dollars are extremely mild mannered. I would be very worried that as these fish grow, you are going to suffer several casualties. I'm actually surprise you haven't already. Just my opinion though. I would remove the peaceful fish and focus on aggressive breeds,

freshwaterpleco

by freshwaterpleco

The females have fatter bodys

milky648

by milky648

OH fatter lol i thoet it was bc of thr fins??????

milky648

by milky648

so is it ther fins or is it bc femals are fatter then males but ive seen females with longer fins and nicer colouer my girl is just so pale

5 posts